Category: Sales - Marketing
Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Responsible for achievement of sales volume, distribution targets, maximizing inventory turns and educating retail store owners, managers, staff and consumers on company’s brands and products to help maximize volume and share in assigned accounts.
Critical to success of the role is the ability to build relationships to engage and educate staff and consumers, while being an ambassador for the company and brand.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with cannabis retail store personnel, and medical clinic staff
- Achieve sales, distribution and market share objectives within assigned accounts
- Organize and lead, 1-on-1 and cluster training educational seminars with retail partners
- Act as brand ambassador to store staff and consumers to increase company brand awareness
- Utilize CRM software to keep accurate records for contact management and use best practices for route planning, call frequency and tracking performance against objectives
- Use CRM and other available data to analyze own, competitor and market results and employ fact-based selling techniques with retail accounts
- Leverage marketing presentations and tools, and use effective selling techniques to introduce products, features and benefits and educate store staff
- Execute and activate pre-arranged merchandising and/or promotional programs for retail cannabis stores
- Participate in provincial trade shows
- Manage retail account expectations regarding inventory
- Communicate inventory requirements our any watch-outs to the Supervisor
- Responsible to supervisor for activities and results in the territory
- Train and educate the retail staff personnel
- Keep accurate records on the account, the decision makers and key relationships
- Set up and manage cluster-training sessions with retail accounts
- Make field calls and tracking activities in each account
- Prepare and submit weekly reporting to management summarizing results against objectives
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Track and report on inventory (own and competitive)
- Review competitive education, merchandising, promotional activity and sales
- Report on retailers as applicable
- Monitor and track performance to objectives
- Analyze sales activities, market conditions and competitive pricing
- Review available competitive data and utilize to company advantage
- Make recommendations and update supervisor on local activity in assigned accounts
- Make decisions and formulate sales strategies to improve company position in retail accounts
- Manage promotional expenses for the territory
- Work with the supervisor to ensure best practices are utilized and all engagement activities are within company and provincial guidelines
- A minimum of 3 years of Territory Sales Management, experience in the industry with preference given to those from heavily regulated industries like cannabis, beverage alcohol, tobacco and pharma.
- Bachelor in Commerce, Business or Marketing or Natural Sciences
- Drivers license required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in building and managing relationships through multiple communication mediums.
- A strong background in sales, education or training, and presentation execution is key.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Details Apply Now