About Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused
on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to
innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products
that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and
package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on
leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
About The Role:
The Farm Operations Supervisor position will work with the Cultivation and Facilities departments
pertaining to needs for farm equipment and movement of equipment when related to the cultivation and
processing of cannabis for CCA. The Farm Operations Supervisor is responsible for coordinating tractor
and farm vehicle maintenance with the Cultivation Director, Farm Operation manager, and Crop
Production manager. This position requires exposure to and use of chemical compounds for application
on crops which may be hazardous and cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture,
application, use and disposal/storage are not properly followed. Farm Operations Supervisor will be
responsible to work with the safety team in regards to operating machinery safely and conducting
Working environment will include office, warehouse, shop, and greenhouse/hoophouse environments. To
perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory
manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for
What You'll Do
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of equipment, vehicles, and facilities when related to crop
production activities, which may include coordinating the bedding, cleaning, discing, feeding,
pruning, and harvesting of all crops associated with Central Coast Agriculture as specified by the
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and execution of CCA activities with the Cultivation
Director, Farm Operation Manager and Crop Production Manager to assess and complete projects
related to Central Coast Agriculture.
- Responsible for training and supervising employees performing farm duties. As well as developing
Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to equipment operation.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of
skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing
professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending
training and/or courses as required.
- Supports the overall success of Central Coast Agriculture by performing all other duties as
- Perform all functions safely following prescribed rules and protocols.
- Operate or tend to equipment used in agricultural production, such as tractors, ATVs, irrigation
trailers and spray equipment.
- Manipulate controls to set, activate and adjust mechanisms on machinery.
- Observe and listen to machinery operations to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Attach farm implements such as plows, discs, sprayers or bedders to tractors, using bolts and hand
- Drive trucks to haul equipment, supplies, tools, or farm workers.
- Adjust farm machinery and notify Cultivation director and Facilities Fleet Supervisor when
- Operate and tow machines to spray crops.
- Load hoppers, containers or conveyors to feed machines with fertilizers to set prescribed amounts,
using shovels or pitchforks when needed.
-Spray fertilizer and/or pesticide solutions to control insects to correct dosages, control fungus and
weed growth and diseases using hand sprayers and tractor mounted implements.
- Mix specified materials or chemicals powders or liquids into spray application machinery or
- Irrigate soil when needed, using portable fertigation trailers and maintain filters and or pipes and
- Load and unload containers of harvested material manually or by forklift.
- Oversees the construction of hoop houses also referred to as “high tunnels”
- Able to work nights and weekends when required.
What You'll Need to Have
- Planning and Organizing – Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize
time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Works with Facilities Manager, Cultivation Director, Farm Operations Manager and Crop
Production Manager when it relates to constructing fences/security systems, irrigation, drainage,
and other farm related infrastructure.
- Lead team members in accomplishing their objectives by making sure machinery function
properly, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
- Test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance prior to use in the field.
- Self Development – Learn and grow and maintain current knowledge in the field and
advancements in pesticide application technology and machinery transport safety and compliance.
- Accountability and Productivity – Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts
responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that impede
- Accuracy - attention to detail is critical
- Organization - experience creating and implementing processes
- Willingness to work as a team
- Experience working with Google sheets and/or MS Excel
- Private applicators certificate for pesticide application
- Respirator fit test and medical evaluation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a Valid CA Drivers License and be insurable
- Demonstrated 2+ years experience working in the Cannabis industry
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Acts and dresses professionally
- Ability to work well remotely and while off site
- Has completed Tractor trainer training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Flexible in work schedule as needed
- On call 24/7 for both 5645 and 8701 Santa Rosa Rd locations.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation and Holidays
External Company URL: https://www.ccagriculture.com/