Post Harvest Supervisor
Life is short, and you deserve to work in an environment that is healthy and positive. Do you want to be part of close-knit team of makers, doers and dreamers? We have the employer for you!
Our client is at the centre of Canada’s burgeoning cannabis industry, servicing consumers, suppliers, partners and governments; based in the Monteregie area they are in need of an experienced Bilingual Post Harvest Supervisor (50+ employees and growing ) to take on a leadership role in their Licensed Cannabis facility.
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per Week – Monday to Friday. Additional hours maybe required based on operational needs
What you will be doing
The Post Harvest Supervisor is accountable for overseeing live product from harvest through to dried product packaging for distribution. The Post Harvest Supervisor must work closely with the QAP to ensure all aspects of Post-Harvest activities comply with Cannabis Regulations.
- Oversee post harvest department, its employees and support HR in necessary duties
- Optimize harvest, drying and curing schedules
- Oversee trimming and packaging processes to improve overall product quality
- Establish quality standards of trimmings for further processing (ie hash, extraction)
- Write and update SOPs such as but not limited to harvesting, drying, curing and packaging as needed
- Prepare representative lot samples for lab testing
- Maintain accurate information of Seed-to-Sale software in the Post-Harvest Department
- Monitor in process inventory levels of cannabis and retained samples, maintain live records of in process inventory in seed-to-sale software
- Oversee the budget for post-harvest materials
- Work closely with Operations, QA and Sales/Marketing to meet product specifications and KPIs
- Oversee all necessary records and ensure all data is recorded accurately
- Report deviations in post harvest processes & record keeping to QA
- Work with QA team to investigate deviations and implement CAPA’s
- Attend and participate in required meetings
- Train employees in post harvest processes and maintain accurate training record
- Implement process improvements and efficiencies to optimize final product quality
- Report any health and safety hazards to the health & safety representative
- Any other duties as assigned
The employee will be exposed to pollen, allergens, and non-carcinogenic pesticides, fumes, dust, odors, extreme heat temperatures, artificial light, sun exposure, vibrations, and water. Working in a cannabis cultivation facility exposes the employee to organic allergens, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, noise and approved pesticides.
Who you are:
- Minimum Science degree or Equivalent
- 3 – 5 years experience in a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience working along side QA in cannabis or relevant industry (ie. Food processing, regulated manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)
- Strong leadership skills and a willingness to support in daily operations
- Obtain and maintain security clearance with Health Canada/RCMP.
- Obtain municipal police check
If you have what it takes to do this, please provide a cover letter and resume