Our client, a world leader in the development, integration and support of production planning, control and automation solutions for the food industry, is in need of an experienced technical professional to provide consulting services related to the design, configuration, training, ongoing support of Industrial Automation & CIM Projects. In cooperation and collaboration with the global Industrial Automation / CIM team you will join a growing Canadian team tasked with delivering high-quality, customized solutions for tier-1 clients in the Canadian food production sector. Based in the company’s Kitchener office this position will require travel locally, domestically, and internationally.
- Project task responsibility
- Consult and communicate with clients at all levels to define solutions that meet their business requirements.
- Along with the Global IA (Industrial Automation) / CIM (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) Team, Plan, design, configure and implement IA / CIM solutions.
- Provide clients with training on solutions
- Assist with compiling business cases relating to the design and implementation of IA / CIM solutions.
- Document processes and recommendations.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to clients regarding their requirements.
- Travel locally and within North America. International travel will be required as well.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Support the other departments such as sales, administration and other groups within the company
- University Degree or College diploma in MIS, Food Science, Computer Science or related field or equivalent business experience.
- 5 years post Degree/Diploma work experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with others to achieve common objectives, as well as make independent decisions.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical clients/personnel.
- Ability to analyze complex process issues and coordinate solutions.
- Familiar with all aspects of Windows operating systems.
- Basic understanding of databases and file structures.
- Basic understanding of business processes of the batch or continuous processing industry.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to retain flexibility and composure under pressure.
- Effectively respond and communicate answers to executives, managers, and end-users.
The ideal candidate will have some of the follow:
- A working knowledge of:
- SQL (DML, DDL and DCL)
- Microsoft SQL
- Storage Procedures and Functions
- Coding (e.g. .Net)
- Scripting (e.g. Python)
- Logistics and automation
- PLC connections
- Experience working for a company involved in food production.
- Experience in IA and software implementations
- Experience in training on & documenting software-based processes
- German Language Skills are an asset (verbal and written)