Our client, an extraction producer servicing Canadian and Global medical and recreational cannabis markets, is in need of several qualified Extraction Technicians to join them in their flagship Delta BC facility. As early members of this team you'll help to pursue ideal production processes throughout product innovation & development, manufacturing, and take-to-market cycles resulting in exceptional, unparalleled commercial and consumer extraction products.
The Extraction Technician will play an important role in the organization, with duties related to the production and extraction of cannabis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The proper care of the processing rooms and equipment including the practices of solvent free and solvent extraction as assigned, refining, formulation and packaging;
- Ensure the proper processing of products following all company guidelines, SOPs and maintaining strict compliance with Quality and Health Canada regulations;
- Continuously monitor extraction process to ensure proper health and productivity;
- Identify and understand theoretical and applicable variations of various extraction processes and SOPs related maintaining and sustaining a safe and productive process.
- Manage timely and effective extraction processes in in conjunction with QA team to ensure quality and SOPs are adhered to at all times.
- Communicate and escalate any issues with extraction or the production process;
- Coordinate and participate in all extraction and formulation activities;
- Comply with SOP’s, hygiene and environmental practices and ensure they are enforced at all times;
- Ensure extraction specifications are being met or exceeding company goals;
- Assist team lead and coordinate daily activities to determine opportunities for improvement in extraction productivity, efficiency and quality;
- Maintain the data integrity of batch records and documentation software;
- Calibrate, operate, clean and maintain equipment used:
- Assist all Leads in the extraction process as needed;
- Assist in training new staff;
- Manage and assist in final packaging process of extracted product;
- Communicate opportunities for improvement in process, technique or methods;
- Assist with product testing, and analytical work
- Assist with the planning and development of future extraction needs;
- Other duties as required
As operations ramp up and grow, the Company would like to provide opportunities for growth and development. The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role in a highly regulated industry, preferably cannabis orpharma.
- Post-Secondary education in Sciences, Phytochemical extraction including Chemistry.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with accuracy in relation to data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company and remaining up to date with current legislation related to the Cannabis Act.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and be capable of managing the necessary software.
- Willing to work weekends/evenings based on operational needs
- Knowledge working with hydroponics systems, extraction equipment (ethanol, CO2), refining of APIs, understanding phytoterpenophenolic compounds and their metabolites is an asset.
- Police Check is required as a condition of hire
- Hours of work will include a combination of, day, evening and overnight shifts based in operational needs
- Exposure to other substances used in the organization’s extraction processes, may include:
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from cannabis
- Heavy lifting up to 25kg/50lbs.
- Pushing and pulling up to 25kg/50lbs.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive tasks.
- Exposure to cleaning agents.