Our client, an Ontario-based producer and manufacturer of legal Cannabis Products, is in need of a Quality Assurance leader to take over the role of QAP for their organization. This position is to be based at the company’s primary production facility near Pearson Airport. Depending on the specific candidate this role can be pursued as either a contract role, or a full-time permanent position with benefits.
- Provide daily quality oversight for all Cannabis Act and GMP activities ensuring processes and practices are compliant with Health Canada and other global regulatory authorities.
- Develop, maintain, and administer an efficient and effective risk-based Quality Management System in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry recognized best practices for biologic commercial and clinical products.
- Defines and articulates the strategy for the overall philosophy, scope and key elements of quality systems as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Engage in proactive relationships with Health Canada and other global regulatory authorities to facilitate the advancement of the Company’s objectives.
- When required, seek creative solutions and exert firm convictions in advancing the Company’s positions.
- Establish key performance indicators in alignment with company and operational goals; maintain and report applicable department and Quality System metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement and Operational Excellence culture of the Quality System from all levels of the organization thru self-detecting and self-correcting processes and systems and instilling strong ownership and accountability.
- Ensure site inspection and audit readiness at all times and lead regulatory and notified body inspections to positive outcomes.
- Proactively identify, assess, and mitigate quality, operational, and organizational risks; escalate key risks and issues.
- Develop and manage quality department’s annual operating budgets; partner with Finance to analyze variances and implement adjustments.
- Ensure the organization is trained to the highest standards of quality excellence and technical competency utilizing best in class processes and practices.
- Establish, improve and direct quality programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance, corporate policies, and specific regulatory body guidelines.
- Create an environment that utilizes active thinking to generate creative solutions to complex technical problems stemming from investigations and equipment or process failures.
- Creates and maintains a quality culture of transparency and efficient communication of quality related matters to achieve and maintain the desired high level across the Company’s development and manufacturing operations.
- A post-secondary degree in a related scientific field of study
- A career path demonstrating consistent success and growth within the Canadian pharmaceutical, food, or cannabis industries
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing standards
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor and supervise staff