Our client, a leading Canadian grower and producer of cannabis products, is in need of a Sanitation Supervisor. The Sanitation Supervisor will be joining this rapidly growing company as they continue to expand their production facilities in Ancaster, Ontario. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in their Ancaster greenhouse and indoor facilities.
The Sanitation Supervisor oversees a team responsible for ensuring the facility sanitation levels always meet all regulatory and internal standards by providing strong leadership and operating expertise.
- Maintains and review the established facility sanitation program and schedule
- Assists in making amendments to reflect changes in equipment design, new equipment, or changes in the cleaning process
- Participates in and facilitate the company's continuous improvement activities
- Continues to develop and improve the effectiveness of the facility sanitation process
- Provides functional direction leadership to the facility through the implementation and management of effective an efficient Sanitation Program in conformance to GPP/GMP, approved and established SOP's and Health Canada guidelines
- Submits work orders for the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Performs regular inventories of sanitation supplies and work with Inventory Lead
- Ability to develop, mentor and train a sanitation lead to assume the responsibilities in the absence of the Sanitation Supervisor
- Provide training and development to sanitation team to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to sanitation team, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments
- Ensures sanitation team have the resource and capabilities to effectively accomplish their responsibilities.
- The minimum education level of High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience in an inventory leadership role for a licensed producer, food manufacture or a manufacturer warehouse
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in Cannabis, Pharma or Food industry
- GMP and The Cannabis Act / C45 knowledge considered an asset
- Must have experience managing/supervising staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as a part of a team
- Very high attention to detail
- Requires prolonged walking, standing, bending, reaching, and stretching
- Requires ability to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds
- May require working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings weekends, holidays, and special events