The alternate horticulture manager / Propagation manager will be responsible for the supervision of assigned cultivation, propagation and sanitation production practices and the growing of cannabis while ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures for the Good Production Practices (GPP) operations of our client at all times. This position will provide direction to the propagation and cultivation technicians to ensure all growing objectives are met within the required time frames to the required standards. This individual will monitor and adjust techniques as necessary, at the direction of the director of cultivation, to ensure the optimization of labour and development and enforcement of SOPs to meet desired yields. They will also be responsible for ensuring all documentation requirements are met, including all items required for compliance, safety and production. This position reports directly to the Horticulture Manager.
- Work towards achieving maximum high quality yield results, while managing costs and maintaining adherence to GxP*
- Establish and coordinate production schedules
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of production related SOPs.
- Monitor and control the cultivation environment
- Work with the cultivation and propagation supervisors to ensure optimal performance of the production employees
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities, with production and quality assurance, setting clear expectations of the work to be done with the horticulture technicians to ensure product quality.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality and safety.
- Review and analyze crop data to implement improvement initiatives in collaboration and with the approval of the Director of Cultivation.
- Manage crop inventory
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of clones for shipping
- Co-ordinate cutting and shipping of genetics orders with Cultivation and Genetics Managers
- Maintain batch records documentation
- Update mother room and clone maps
- Schedule maintenance trimming of mothers with Horticulture Manager
- Ensure the proper and accurate completion of all documents as they pertain to the propagation, sowing, growing, drying, harvesting, storage, destroying of cannabis and cannabis waste.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance at all times in response to the status of cannabis products (e.g. Release, Hold).
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance on all GPP issues when requested to do so
- Ensure the security measures are being followed.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained on job tasks and hazards in the workplace,
- Responsible for all aspects of growing, including watering, fertilizing, spraying, and testing
- Develop/document high quality standards for consistently growing crops using computer database
- Oversee IPM protocols and confirm efficacy of the program with weekly checks.
- Other duties as required
- Completion of a Horticulture degree and/or experience required.
- Experience in a greenhouse manufacturing environment or cannabis growing operation a requirement
- Strong organizational skills including effective prioritization and follow-up
- Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy
- Ability to supervise a team of individuals and address any areas of concern with respect to performance or processes
- Ability to stay focused and complete redundant and routine tasks.
- Ability to obtain a provincial agricultural level pesticide applicators license
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and ability to work in humid greenhouse conditions.
- Flexible working hours; weekdays, weekends or afternoons depending on business schedule.