Our client, a leading Canadian grower of cannabis and producer of cannabis products, is in need of several Sanitation Associates. The Sanitation Associate will be joining this rapidly-growing company as they continue to expand their production facilities in the Hamilton area. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in their greenhouse and/or indoor facilities. The position will be responsible for supporting plant-wide safety & sanitation programs during the production, processing, storage, and distribution of high-value perishable goods. Work activities involve maintaining a hygienic, clean and sanitary facility environment, its equipment, building structure & grounds.
- Cleans/sanitizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and workstations in the plant.
- Disassembles, Cleans, sanitizes and re-assembles equipment according to standard operating company procedures.
- Works with quality, production, warehouse and maintenance departments on executing projects and process improvement plans.
- Responsible for clear and consistent documentation of work done.
- Cleans and sanitizes floors manually by mopping and or floor scrubber.
- Be trained and train others on cleaning chemicals according to chemical safety and right-to-know guidelines.
- Follows safety procedures and participates in safety training.
- Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person.
- Reports any injury, accident and/or unsafe condition immediately to management team.
- Supports product safety, quality and regulatory guidelines.
- Follow and promote Good Manufacturing Practices and plant cleanliness among all plant personnel.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained and operated according to established sanitary and housekeeping standards, to highest efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned
- Primarily working day shift, but must be willing to work flexible hours when required for specific projects.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for a prolonged time and will be required to do frequent manual labour.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude to understand and effect equipment operation and basic maintenance for the job function described.
- 2+ years of sanitation work experience (in a food, beverage, or pharmaceutical facility is preferred).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Basic computer skills