Our client, the creator of a mobile-first cloud-based SaaS training and communication platform for the restaurant industry, is in need of an AWS Architect to join their rapidly growing organization. This 6-month contract will be based at the client’s Liberty Village offices.
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, you will be a part of a robust SaaS software team, delivering the product platform to its high touch global customers. The next phase in the platform’s delivery is taking it to the cloud. This contract position is focused on containerizing the middleware of the platform to facilitate the migration as well as collaborate on the orchestration of the containers. You are an IT professional with real world experience containerizing the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform for deploying enterprise Java applications in a Kubernetes orchestrated cloud environment. As a member of a scrum team, you recognize the importance of incremental achievements and managing your own processes to demonstrate these.
- Plan and execute the containerization of a JBoss EAP 6 domain.
- Orchestrate the JBoss cluster using Kubernetes.
- Adjust playbooks for execution of common activities in the new model.
- Work with QA to stress test the platform running on JBoss in the new model.
- Collaborate with Dev Ops team on cloud architecture to optimize the deployment.
- Execute on the cloud migration plan with the Dev Ops team.
- Document tools, processes, and procedures for effective collaboration and communication
- Work collaboratively with peers across functional areas such as Scrum Master/Coach, Product, QA, Customer Success, DevOps to ensure a friendly and positive solutions-oriented approach.
- 10+ years in IT Operations
- 6+ years of IT/DevOps experience within a software development environment & track record of proactive solutioning/platforming
- 3+ years cloud infrastructure management (deployment, scaling, performance) for a global SaaS
- Demonstrable expert-level Java middleware on Linux
- Expert-level experience w/ AWS or MS Azure
- Expert-level experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud managed Kubernetes and Container Management (EKS, ECS) an asset
- Experience in automating the provision of infrastructure in the cloud using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience supporting software development teams with containerization
- Experience in implementing continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience implementing distributed logging using ELK stack or similar technologies
- Experience using packer to build and deploy the AMI’s and docker images
- Solid understanding of Kubernetes networking, DNS and service discovery
- Required Platforms
- JBoss EAP (6+)
- Tomcat (7+)
- Message Queues (HornetQ, Kafka, other)
- Experience in platform/infrastructure management for AI/ML and NLP a plus
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Bitbucket, Target Process, Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, etc.
- Experience within Agile development teams, and a commitment to the activities
- Demonstrated track-record of an achievement-oriented approach – proactivity a must
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Nice to Have:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure