Our client, a licensed producer of Medical Cannabis Products, is in need of an experienced Shipping & Receiving Associate to join their rapidly growing team. This full time, permanent position to be based in their South Brampton location offers full benefits and an excellent opportunity for career growth.
- Logging incoming and outgoing delivery appointments with various departments
- Assist in inventory control and associated issues.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance.
- Prepares Manifest; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- File shipping/receiving records and assist in maintaining department’s database
- Ensuring proper quality standards are met by auditing product and reviewing paperwork
- Assisting other members of the shipping/receiving, warehouse, and production teams.
- As and when required safely operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading / unloading supplies and equipment.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement drive, and safety, environmental, hygiene standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains other employees performing related work
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of work experience in a fast-paced order fulfillment environment
- Exposure to inventory, production and manufacturing systems
- Ability to work safely inside of a manufacturing and warehouse environment including light and heavy machinery, chemicals and other potential hazards.
- Ability to handle error free relevant administrative tasks
- Ability to learn new computer programs and utilize them proficiently
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced environment without errors.
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to follow instructions and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs