Our client, a Producer of Medical and adult-use Cannabis products Licensed under Health Canada’s ACMPR program and C45 regulations, is in need of an experienced Human Resources leader to join their rapidly growing organization. This is a full-time permanent position to be based in the company’s Mississauga/Etobicoke location, working closely with every member of the company including leadership, management, office, production, and operations staff. The HR Business Partner will be a key player in helping achieve business goals, planning strategies for talent acquisition and retention, establishing HR policies and processes for achieving high level of engagement, growth and productivity.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to executives and hiring managers to help achieve functional efficiencies, align business objectives with organizational design, for the purpose of optimizing business execution through outstanding people performance.
- Assist hiring managers in drafting job descriptions.
- Effectively communicate, monitor and provide guidance to the management team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of performance management, training and development, succession planning, HR processes and both corporate and personnel KPI’s.
- Track, analyze and assess KPI performance, and provide strategies to improve performance.
- Maintain the HRIS, input new information, manage document distribution, and generate reports.
- Act as a resource to managers and employees with regards to HR policies and performance issues.
- Maintain the HR policy manual and the Employee Handbook, identify opportunities for improvement and review regularly for recommended additions/changes to reflect changing regulatory landscape.
- Provide problem solving and mediation when required with the assistance of Legal.
- Act as the go-to person for HR projects, payroll, benefits, vacation, tax, questions, and Health & Safety concerns.
- Contributing to the effective administration of the recruitment & selection process, including on-boarding and offboarding for all employees.
- Working with recruiting professional and help functional area leaders make best hiring decisions.
- Present yourself in a way that makes every employee and potential employee feel welcomed.
- Work to ensure that company values are reflected in daily work environment.
- Actively look for ways to help people and improve the workplace.
- Help plan team events, off-sites, employee milestone celebrations and engagement activities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HR capacity.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as the primary HR associate for a company or facility.
- Preference for candidates with experience working at a pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods organization including both production/manufacturing and office staff.
- Confidence in your knowledge of HR standard practices, and ability to clearly articulate concerns and action-items to executives.