Our client, a publicly traded producer of high quality medical and recreational cannabis products, licensed under Health Canada’s ACMPR program, is in need of an experienced leader in the area of Supply Chain and Logistics. This is a full-time, permanent role to be based in the greater London, ON area, with opportunities to grow along with the company.
The director of Supply Chain and Logistics is responsible for ensuring the planning and availability of materials to support the business in achieving targets. The director is responsible for working directly with other departments, specifically production and sales to forecast the purchase of and timely receipt of materials to meet production and shipping deadlines.
The incumbent will ensure the proper organization, storage and distribution of materials. They will oversee various inventories, establish and manage min/max for essential materials, review and manage transportation costs, ensure efficient and proper warehousing and monitoring of the flow of the goods.
The incumbent must have a comprehensive understanding of supply chain management for coordinating effectively and liaising with the suppliers of raw materials, consumers and retailers. They will need to have a solid awareness of the various external influences on supply chain and logistics and an ability to adapt plans quickly to respond to external challenges.
- Evaluating and reviewing the organization’s supply chain and logistics operation business practices, updating and developing process documentation, streamlining opportunities, and ensuring efficiency in all related activities.
- In collaboration with various department leaders, develop and manage min/max guidelines for essential materials.
- Ensure and enforce quality assurance procedures and processes as they pertain to supply chain and logistics.
- Maintaining the order flow of all products and managing the customer delivery chain.
- Organize, manage and maintain the proper storage of materials in warehouse locations.
- Managing the sourcing, tracking and reception of products and materials.
- Drive and facilitate the organization’s strategy for cultivating a fully engaged supply chain workforce.
- Manage a team of people ensuring performance and training requirements are met.
- A bachelors’ degree in business with a focus on operations management.
- Certified member of APICS, SCMA, or ACSM
- Over seven years’ experience in logistics and supply chain management including the management of staff.
- Strong business acumen for effectively managing the costs and revenues. Anticipating market and client opportunities and responding appropriately.
- Experience with the implementation of WMS
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Effective in building internal and external customer/vendor relationships.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with demonstrable ability for protecting the interests of the organization.