Category: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
Location: Vancouver (UBC) British Columbia Canada
As Senior Director of the Biologics department, this hands-on candidate will:
- Supervise all scientific, strategic, planning and execution aspects of biologic development, biologic drug product development.
- Build and supervise the Biologics Drug Product Development organization to meet the expanding needs of the adMare biologics pipeline and portfolio. Participate in hiring activities, research execution and goal-targeting.
- Responsible for day-to-day monoclonal antibody and cellular therapy program generation activities and all other large molecule-based drug program activities. Over-see programs both internally and via CROs.
- Strengthen internal capabilities for large molecule discovery and product development and build a best-in-class team to design and execute phase-appropriate activities from early development through lifecycle management.
- Interface effectively with adMare’s Senior R&D team to offer guidance during hit and lead optimization and conduct formal developability assessments to enable candidate nomination for IND enabling studies.
- Participate in regulatory strategy development, regulatory filings, and meetings with regulatory agencies as needed.
- Oversee molecular biology, including antigen cloning, recombinant protein expression, gene analysis, antibody humanization.
- Work with adMare scientists to coordinate assay development and screening, including specificity, affinity, epitope binning and functional activity assays.
- Manage and interprets data to prepare reports, technical presentations and provide updates as required to Venture Partners, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Direct experience developing either cell-based biological assays or biochemical assays with knowledge of gene expression analysis.
- Experience with RNA techniques including gene microarrays, SNP genotyping, RT-PCR and CRISPR/Cas9 would be an asset.
- Support pipeline opportunity diligence investigations as needed including working closely with the Venture Partners and Head of Partnerships to drive new company creation opportunities.
- Work with the Venture Partners and VP of Partnerships to act as a scientific liaison in relationship building with key partners (academic, CRO, and VC community) and help identify, select and source promising new programs in the field of Biologics.
- Represent adMare at conferences and other presentation-opportunities as required.
- Coach, mentor & develop scientific staff to help them develop into our next generation of leaders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- PhD in related scientific discipline coupled with >15 years of experience post-PhD in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including most recently in a senior leadership role overseeing candidate development and nomination activities.
- Must have industry experience demonstrating a sound background in drug discovery and development.
- Excellent scientific, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to work effectively in matrixed environment and to build transparent & collaborative relationships across sites.
- Well-developed technical writing and oral communications skills.
- Strong flexibility, adaptability, and highly developed organizational skills to meet deadlines and take initiative.
- Technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others with diverse expertise including biochemistry, discovery biology, pharmacology, and translational sciences.
- A mindset for understanding the details while guiding a team to strategic objectives.
- Experience in multiple areas (target classes, therapeutic areas) and ability to stay abreast of new technologies.
- Ability and willingness to lead from the bench.
- Experience in designing and preparing IND filings for clinical trials is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Details Apply Now