Our client, an industry leading Soils and Alternative Substrate company focused on the cannabis industry, is seeking an outgoing and experienced outside Territory Sales Representative for their specialized cultivation products covering the Northeast US Territory.
The Territory Sales Representative will become a key part of the company's North American growth strategy to further penetrate and grow their market share on the East Coast. This position is remote, which allows for the Sales Rep to live anywhere within the territory of New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia or Eastern Pennsylvania.
They will be responsible for the promotion, sales and support the company's products to legal Cannabis growers, key accounts and distributors as assigned by the Director of Sales, as well as providing consultative advice to potential and existing customers throughout their region.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell the company's cannabis specific soil products and offer technical support
- Develop sales throughout the Northeast by placing and recording orders in person, via phone or email
- Plan for client and prospect travel, prepare sales presentations and quotes to gain additional new business
- Process sales orders and maintain customer information in CRM
- Provide excellent customer service by providing answers to customer inquiries via email, web and phone
- Provide market intelligence and customer feedback to management
- Organize, Travel and support trade shows as required
- Work with multiple complex customers, and provide technical support
- Guide growers to be successful with the company's products sharing product and crop experiences, and collaborating with the company's agronomists
- Setup, guide and evaluate customer product trials
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of horticultural sales experience with grower relationships is required
- Experience with growing various (or specific) crops in soil, growing media or hydroponics
- Excellent reputation in the industry
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Northeast
- Proven experience as sales representative and technical support in the Cannabis segment or field sales in horticultural soils and related products
- Demonstrate excellent market knowledge of cannabis and cultivation
- Experience working with existing growers and farmers
- Knowledge of computer systems and databases
- Able to balance a customer-oriented and a results-driven approach
- Professional, driven and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Travel requirement 50-75%
Compensation: $65K Base Salary, Plus Generous Commission Structure
*Company also provides reimbursements for travel, health insurance, phone and other sales related expenses.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100