CCS Green is currently recruiting on behalf of a Cannabis client for the role of Administrator - Analytical Laboratory Operations. This role is for a professional with extensive administrative experience.
Location of Work: Kelowna, British Columbia.
Thorough understanding of the Analytical Laboratory functions, policies and procedures, - Ability to work and communicate with scientists of diverse personalities and backgrounds and handle their competing priorities on a daily basis, - Superior interpersonal and communication skills with exceptional customer service, cooperative attitude, and a positive demeanor. This position will provide a full range of administrative duties that requires frequent interactions with lab staff and helping them during routine samples processing and testing.
What you will be doing
- Receive, verify and inspect cannabis products samples to ensure its integrity is retained as indicated in the Chain of Custody (CoC) and that packaging or container is not compromised, and inform lab supervisor or director if there are any concerns noted related to samples integrity.
- Oversee clients’ CoC forms, log-in/data entry of CoC into LIMS system for all samples in a timely manner based on Turnaround Time (TAT) and assign a unique identification label for each sample.
- Verify that the company Labs has the requested testing methods, capability, and capacity to analyze samples prior to log-in clients’ samples into the LIMS system.
- Ensure that all samples are placed in the proper storage area to await analysis and inform the lab
- supervisor or director of any special priorities requested by clients.
- Perform (as required for each sample) grinding, homogenizing, and weighing samples for analysis.
- Quality control monitoring, including but not limited, to recording daily temperatures of fridges and freezers, daily weighs checks, daily calibrations of micropipettes, etc.
- Write a variety of documents such as reports, and meetings minutes.
- Oversee, maintain and the storing laboratory supplies, chemicals, equipment’s supplies and other required materials.
- Follow the company Labs regulations for health and safety
- General office administrative work
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Lab Director
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or closely related field and 2-3 years of experience (in the last 3 years) in working as an administrator in a laboratory for routine samples analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the Analytical Laboratory functions, policies and procedures.
- Computer proficiency skills with using Microsoft Office suite; Additional software programs are an asset.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, time management and communication skills with a high tolerance for job pressures to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment and growing laboratory.
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information in a professional manner, work both independently and collaboratively on a team and build trust.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality appropriately and manage a variety of responsibilities at once while remaining flexible to shifting priorities.
- Ability to work comfortably with hazardous materials and comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory techniques and equipment, and understanding of ISO 17025:2017 and GLP regulations,
- Ability to stand on feet, bend, and able to lift samples and lab supplies up to 10 kg.
All Applicants applying for a Canadian job opening must be authorized to work in Canada
With thank all applicants for applying, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.