Our client, a state-of-the-art licensed laboratory facility in Northern Arizona engaged in the testing of cannabis products, is seeking a Operations Manager for their organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out the long-term growth strategy and vision for their business.
To be successful in this position, the Operations Manager must provide exceptional leadership over all aspects of the testing laboratory, with the goal to position the company as a leader in the Arizona market.
Job Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Improve company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company’s long-term growth.
- Utilize systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Review financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and KPIs, and revise goals and operational plans in real time to meet new objectives.
- Continually keeping well-informed of industry changes. Must have ability to adapt and change with a market in constant flux.
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Effectively manage the supply chain including raw materials, packaging, finished goods, hardware and software.
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, efficient and compliant facilities.
- Ensures robust facility safety and security procedures are in place, and all staff are trained in them.
- Strive to improve company culture, employee work ethic and accountability metrics.
- Assist in management of production staff - build, motivate, train and lead a high performing team through strong and dynamic leadership.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Communicate effectively with the executives on a regular basis
- Ensure that the facility is properly staffed to maximize production capacity to meet ever-increasing demand.
Education and Required Skills:
- 5-7+ years of related work experience, including 3-5+ years of supervisory or management experience, in this or relevant/related field is required.
- Knowledge of cannabis testing procedures in a professional laboratory
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, by examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and interact with all staff effectively
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State Cannabis regulations, safety practices, and all applicable safety standards in the cannabis testing industry.
- Experience in working with LIMS, including METRC and other cannabis industry tracking system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or comparable Degree is preferred.
- A strong understanding of Safety Compliance, and cannabis guidelines, and a basic knowledge of analytical chemistry (such as gas/liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry) , and microbiology is a plus.
COMPENSATION: $135,000-$165,000 Plus health benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100