Our client is seeking a Laboratory Director with recent cannabis lab supervisory experience for their Northern AZ based testing facility. The Lab Director will work closely with laboratory employees and managers, including supervisory analysts, laboratory technicians, sample transportation specialists, and sampling intake specialists.
The successful candidate will ensure the production of accurate and timely test results to all customers. This position must work under the current ISO 17025 standards, and will be responsible for all work performed in support of their assigned assay.
***MUST HAVE PRIOR CANNABIS LAB TESTING EXPERIENCE***
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clients with world-class customer service, responds to all modes of customer communication with a sense of urgency and helpfulness, records pertinent details, and takes ownership of problems and follows up on required actions.
- Ensures results are reported within timeframes established.
- Complies with and supports continuous improvement of the ISO 17025 accredited laboratory Quality Management System.
- Performs labeling and logging of samples using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Conducts analytical laboratory investigations, experiments and/or research activities, applies statistical techniques to validate methods, analyzes testing data, and prepares a report of findings.
- Adds internal standards, prepares quality control samples and conducts other quality control functions;
- Performs system suitability checks, preventive maintenance, and calibrates analytical instrumentation including GC/FID, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, ICP-MS, etc;
- Oversees and participates in biological analysis for detection of bacteria and molds on laboratory specimens using a variety of standard microbiological enrichment methods, plate cultures and molecular screens (qPCR).
- Processes, organizes and summarizes data and computerized results of analysis through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Ensures that all proficiency testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory’s performance and to identify any problems that require corrective action.
- Implement an approved corrective action plan if a proficiency testing result is found to be unacceptable or unsatisfactory.
- Performs special studies in sample preparation, including preparing a report of findings.
- Prepares, sterilizes, and conducts quality checks on laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the security and cleanliness of laboratory and equipment.
- Oversees laboratory employees, including supervisory analysts, laboratory technicians, sample transportation specialists, sampling intake specialists.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are established for monitoring laboratory personnel who conduct pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency.
- If necessary provide remedial training or continuing education to improve skills.
- Must be able to adhere to safety and security (confidentiality) requirements as well as train and enforce with personnel.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; and develop innovative approaches and ideas
Preferred Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related Chemistry field required. Master’s or PhD a plus.
- Familiar with Arizona State regulations specific to cannabis
- Prior experience in a high volume production facility required
- Hands-on experience in regulated food safety, clinical, forensic, environmental, or cannabis analytical laboratories preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and customer support skills
- Must have prior supervisory experience and strong leadership skills
- Extensive experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS instrumentation
- Experience with ISO 17025, or similar certification process
Compensation: $125-175K Base Salary, plus Health Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200