PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Coordinator will support the Chief People Officer and Chief Operating Officer with projects and day-to-day operations. The Project Coordinator will provide high-level support on a variety of projects and tasks including recruitment and employee onboarding, preparing for large scale meetings, assisting with presentation development, analysis of data and report preparation for the Commission. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and exercises good judgment in a variety of situations with the ability to handle a range of tasks under pressure in a dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with other staff to support the planning and logistics of large events such as public meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
• Develop or assist with developing fact sheets, posters, brochures, PowerPoint presentations and other materials for Commission presentations;
• Write and produce material for the Commissions website regarding department activities;
• Assist staff at meetings, networking events and workforce forums as requested;
• Assist in the collection and management of information for the purpose of analyzing data and trends; and
• Administrative support work as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct and support the Commission’s goals for a diverse and culturally aware workforce;
• Assist with the recruitment process and new employee onboarding, maintain confidential employee records, assist with payroll processing, benefits and leave administration along with supporting the Commissions workforce;
• Support the Operations team in planning, scheduling, and coordinating projects and support internal communications;
• Assist the Project Manager for Operations on projects and communications related to facilities, security, and use of Commonwealth assets; and
• Willingness and ability to work in Commission’s Worcester headquarters.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
• Excellent problem solver and utility player;
• Exceptional character and professionalism;
• Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and track record of relationship building;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace environment;
• Ability to contribute actively to a work environment that embraces diversity;
• Ability to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, integrity, cooperation, and mutual regard;
• Ability to accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and for meeting expectations; and
• Ability to seek opportunities to resolve problems, achieve goals, or otherwise advance the Commission’s mission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-level administrative position supporting multiple departments, specifically Human Resources and Operations;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Power Point, Excel, and similar project management tools; and
• Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
The Commission is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. The specific components and eligibility may vary based upon position classification, hours worked per week and other variables. Therefore, specific benefits for this position may be discussed as part of the interview and offer process.
This position is non-civil service. This position is an exempt position.
The overall benefits available include: paid vacation, sick and personal leave time, health, dental and vision insurance through the Commonwealth’s Group Insurance, and optional pre-tax Health Savings Account plans.
In addition, the Commission provides employees the opportunity to elect life insurance, long term disability insurance, deferred compensation savings, tuition remission and pre-tax commuter account plans, along with other programs.
The Commission employees also participate in the Commonwealth’s State Retirement Plan, which can become a defined benefit plan for those that both vest and subsequently retire from State service. Follow this link for additional retirement information: http://www.mass.gov/treasury/retirement/state-board- of-retire/.
Commitment to Diversity:
The Commission is committed to building a diverse staff across its entire agency and at all levels. The Commission is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Application Process and Deadline:
The Commission encourages interested candidates that meet the minimum requirements for experience and skills to apply for this position. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by e- mail no later than Monday, February 1, 2021. The application package should be submitted to:
Please include the position title in the subject line: CCC – Project Coordinator HROps
Submissions are due by 5:00 pm (e-mail) on February 1, 2021, late submissions may be considered solely at the discretion of the Commission.
Notice of Required Background Check – Including Tax Compliance:
The Commission requires a background check on all prospective employees as a condition of employment.
Candidates should be aware of this requirement but should also know that such background check is not initiated until:
1. A candidate is invited to a second or subsequent interview, and
2. The candidate has signed the Background Check Authorization Form and related releases.
This background check includes a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, Federal IRS and Department of Revenue state tax compliance on all prospective employees as a condition of their employment.
Candidates with advanced degrees and professional licenses may have these credentials verified. Individuals other than those references provided by a candidate may be contacted in the course of completing a full background and qualification check.
Those candidates invited to interview will be contacted by the Commission. Unfortunately, due to the anticipated high volume of applicants for this vacancy, we are unable to provide status updates to specific individuals.
**Job:** **Human Resources*
**Organization:** **Cannabis Control Commission*
**Title:** *Project Coordinator – HR & Operations*
**Location:** *Massachusetts-Worcester-2 Washington Square*
**Requisition ID:** *2100007G*