Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
The Sales Manager plans, executes and delivers on new business development through B2B distribution channels for all products in the company with a future scope of building a team as the company grows. The Sales Manager will be developing strategies in succession for short- and long-term business growth. This role requires establishing new strategic business relationships, strengthening ties through excellent customer service that have met and exceeded revenue and profit targets.
The position will involve high-value business development and deal-making, including strategic planning, identifying optimal channels and driving new business partnerships and collaboration opportunities. This position will be the principal organizational resource involved in external customer contacts, with the purpose of identifying, creating, qualifying, and realizing on growth opportunities.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to meet Company revenue targets at target margin levels
- Ability to develop and execute an overall business development strategy that will provide sustainable growth for the Company based on a sound understanding of the Canadian cannabis market and its dynamics
- Ability to source, probe, assess, discern, strategize, prioritize and close major sales contract opportunities with other LP’s and eventually retail channels.
- Ability to develop and strengthen relationships with major customers, members of the management team and other stakeholders involved Ability to act in a quick, decisive way with sound judgement
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing within a dynamic environment
- Manage and lead all business development efforts in Canada. You will have direct responsibility in establishing new partnerships and strategize on future market opportunities for the Company.
- Help define and achieve business development goals, establishing and executing the sales plans for meeting these goals.
- Constantly update knowledge and expertise in customers’ procurement processes, and clearly understand their business and financial systems/processes.
- Cultivate long-lasting business relationships with existing and prospective customer decision-makers in the targeted market sectors that achieve the company’s sales goals.
- Identify, determine and advise Senior Management Team on all changing, shifting or emerging market challenges and opportunities, including recommendations of effective courses of action to take; leveraging this information for demand planning and budgeting.
- Represent the company in partnering discussions and facilitate corporate transaction negotiations in all cases.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as Operations, Finance and Marketing, along with external partners, towards maximizing the value of partnerships and alliances.
- A university business degree (ideally an MBA) with 5 or more years’ experience in business development or sales would be ideal
- Proven ability to work with and facilitate completion of tasks with management and other team members
- Proven ability to achieve established sales objectives and performance goals
- Proven team player
- Experience working with Cannabis, Alcohol, Tobacco industries are considered a strong asset
- Resourceful, self-starter who brings a positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Must be able to work independently with positive sales results
- Ability to quickly focus and re-focus work in a fast-paced environment with an ever-changing landscape
- Experience in managing multiple client relationships across Canada
- Excellent teamwork skills, with a proven record of developing and managing Relationships both internally and externally
- Must work well under shifting and tight deadlines and demonstrate the ability to change direction and handle multiple priorities
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time
Details Apply Now