Category: Alternative Medicine
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Our client prides themselves on being different – it’s their entrepreneurial drive that sets them apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped them become Canada’s fastest growing national firm! They foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN!
They are currently seeking a Manager for their growing Assurance Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything they do, our client is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Their Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned. Join the momentum!
- Responsible for the preparation or review of Notice to Reader engagements
- Responsible for the completion or review of compliance tax (T1s, T2s, T3s, T4s, and T5013s)
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, marketable securities, accounts receivable, accounts payable and accrued liabilities, corporate taxes and intercompany transactions
- Responsible for the completion of payroll, Deductions at Source, and GST/QST/HST returns
- Responsible for government remittances/filings and year-end tax forms
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Correspond with various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Respond to client requests, issues and concerns in a professional and timely manner, seeking guidance when necessary
- Complete assigned engagements within budget/parameters
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning and other aspects of accounting work
- Manage project financials (time budgets, WIPS and timely billing)
- Coordinate and assist in monitoring the progress of work being completed on files
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Facilitate client relationships with teams to deliver client service excellence
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Deliver industry and technical expertise through client interactions, reports, technical work, and the creation of high-quality deliverables
- Develop a thorough understanding of services, businesses and industry
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness and looking for new business development opportunities
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration of Accounting
- CPA designation would be an asset
- Experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP understandings would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Experience in preparing and reviewing T1s, T2s, T3s, T4s, and T5013s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax
- Solid understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on manual and computerized system(s)
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, ADP, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Details Apply Now