Category: Alternative Medicine
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for their growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything they do, they are a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada! Their Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures their clients are always well protected and positioned. Join the momentum!
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare financial statements and corresponding notes
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips) ensuring compliance with government standards
- Prepare year-end tax forms (T4s and T5s)
- Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE) Understanding of USGAAP is an asset
- Investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Update manager or engagement partner on the progress of engagements
- Vouch and assess appropriateness of audit evidence
- Clearly document evidence from testing and conclusions made
- Complete bank and other account reconciliations
- Prepare payroll, DAS, CSST, GST and QST government reports, etc.
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Attend internal courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Details Apply Now