Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation's leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We're grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates fourteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Preformulation Scientist will be responsible for safely and effectively preparing cannabinoid ratio suspensions, determining extraction efficiencies and other process-oriented testing for products destined to be high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
* Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
* Carrying out all procedures in an efficient manner that also complies with, OSHA regulations, PharmaCann SOP's and all applicable procedures.
* Being cross-trained on and working alongside the remainder of PharmaCann's team with the manufacturing and packaging of PharmaCann's broad medical cannabis product line as needed.
* Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
* Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed PharmaCann's specifications and patients' expectations. Such quality assurance work shall include but not be limited to:
o Recording and monitoring process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
o Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout PharmaCann's process
o Continually strive to improve PharmaCann's processes for improved patient safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
* Monitoring and managing processing equipment supplies and inventory.
* Perform daily Balance checks and calibrations, and confidently calculate Tare-Weight Gross-Weight
* Responsible for Ratio development in preparation for product compounding
* Supports In-process Testing (IPT) analysis for production and R&D
* Ability to utilize HPLC, UPLC and UPC
* Ability to utilize other laboratory equipment such as GC, dissolution, KF etc.
* Confident in Empower, Chemstation, Turbochrom or similar
* Prepares mobile phase and sample preparations for analysis
* Utilizes various sample preparative techniques; such as, sonication or otherwise
* Proficient in serial dilutions and cal curves
* Comfortable operating lab equipment and large scale mixing equipment
* Proficient in rotary evaporator techniques and methodology
* Interprets chromatograms, LOD and LOQ
* Assist in the creation and authoring of related SOP's
* Assist as required with refining, post processing and compounding functions.Qualifications
* Education: BS in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering or Applied Science or related field
* Age: State law requires that applicants be 21 years old and over.
* Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of applicable medical cannabis or related laboratory/production experience experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, patient safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
* Competencies/Additional Requirements include:
o Attention to detail
o Effective communication skills
o Strong work ethic
o Team Player
o Willingness to learn and improve each operation
o Ability to utilize digital inventory control systems.
Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying glassware.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.