Our client a Michigan a based cannabis company committed to changing the social stigma that prevents people from enjoying the greater quality of life that cannabis can provide.
The Director of Cultivation will work collaboratively with the greenhouse team towards mentoring and coaching the cultivation citizens to both love what they do and do it well. The Director of Cultivation is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the cultivation production, cultivation citizens, and ensuring that all processes are being followed and implementing new processes where necessary. The cultivation team plays a critical role in delivering on our mission to serve our fellow citizens of Michigan with the highest quality, safest cannabis products.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sanitation of equipment and production areas, preparation and maintenance of nutrient reservoirs and irrigation system
- Assuring all cannabis products are free from contamination risk at all stages; from propagation to harvest
- Monitoring for quality control to ensure process and product quality in line with company standards
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace and displaying a high standard of cleanliness and organization
- Monitoring plants for a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, nutrient deficiencies, etc.
- Manage the pre-harvest and harvest operations, including staffing, workflow and production schedule.
- Work in collaboration with the Post-Harvest Director to ensure optimal efficiency of production workflow
- Pre-harvest fan leaf removal in the flower room and recording the waste
- Removing trellis netting, cutting down the plant, weighing the plant, and entering the wet weight into METRC
- Removing the waste fan leaves and hanging the plant for drying
- After the plant is dry, removing the flower from the stem and store for curing
- Collaboratively creating and constantly refining our standard work procedures towards the highest quality plant output
- Ensuring team compliance with both our Standard Work procedures and government rules & regulations
- Guiding the team in tracking all activities and work performed in state track and trace software: including plant tagging and tracking, waste tracking, nutrient and crop inputs, harvest entry, and harvest batch tracking
- Employing professional and clear communication practices to maintain a positive and progressive team atmosphere
- Working collectively and respectfully with the other assistant captains and being a champion of company culture
- Working with the inventory team to forecast raw material needs to ensure grow and harvest supplies are always on hand when needed and waste is minimal
- Managing logistics of the cultivation team including, scheduling, task management and assignment, productivity tracking and workflow optimization, and inter-department communication to meet inventory needs
- Helping the cultivation team grow and develop new skills through career discussions and planning
Education & Required Skills:
- Degree in Horticulture, Biology, Agriculture, or equivalent is preferred. Experience in agricultural or food safety/handling industry is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Computer proficiency is a must. Experience with cannabis track-and-trace software such as BioTrack, MJ Freeway, or METRC is a plus.
- Must be proficient in using greenhouse climate and building control software, specifically Priva
- Efficient cultivation/production work ethic with application of problem-solving skills to overcome daily cultivation/production issues.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, strong attention to detail. Can follow company policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving production targets within set timelines.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- A passion for providing the residents and visitors of Michigan with the highest quality and safest cannabis products in the state.
- A desire to change the social perception of cannabis and a passion for humanity.
- A constant desire to learn new skills and believe in continuous improvement, both personally and professionally.
- A high regard for integrity and honesty and want to bring those values to the cannabis industry.
- Enjoy being part of a team, as well as coaching and mentoring others
- An appreciation for all stages of the production cycle of cannabis, including harvesting and trimming.
- An awareness of the contamination risk between a commercial and home grow, and thus can commit to not operating a home grow while working with us in the greenhouse
Compensation: $120,000 - 150,000 plus bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100