Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco cannabis and vapor laws.
*To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor's proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews at this time will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process. Note: An in-person technical assessment may be required in Olympia, Washington and all Covid-19 precautions will be followed.*
**_Who we are_**
The mission of the _Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board_ (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the "wow" factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
**Your opportunity at a glance**
This position will report to the Desktop Supervisor, within the Information Technology Services Division, Desktop Service Operations Group as a Desktop Services Technician. The Desktop Services Operations Group is responsible for the design, implementation, operations, and maintenance of all agency end-user devices, service desk services, and custom consulting services.
As the Desktop Services Technician, you will be relied on and expected to deliver independent efficient, innovative, secure, and cost-effective information technology solutions within the WSLCB desktop computer environment. Your position will provide expert technical support for all agency desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices (i.e. tablets, smartphones), and audiovisual equipment. Your responsibilities include configuring the automated system (SCCM) that deploys software and updates to agency computers, and creating and maintaining current standard computer configurations (images) and applied group policies used on all agency computers. Additionally, you will provide guidance to lower level staff on complex issues relevant to desktop computing and customer service support.
**WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:**
* Training and career development programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible work schedules
* Telecommuting opportunities
* Generous wellness program
* Onsite exercise facility
* Active and engaging diversity program
* Infant at Work program.
* Organization's commitment to your personal health and well-being.
* Work/life balance.
* Free parking
* A comprehensive _benefits package_.
As the Desktop Services Technician, you will be expected to proactively manage computers to minimize downtime for WSLCB staff members and ensure computers are available for WSLCB staff to complete their essential job functions in support of public safety. Furthermore, you will provide expert technical support and system administration for automated software and functional updates on all agency desktop and laptop computers. You will be responsible for building WSLCB standard desktop image and implement standard configuration of PCs and other attached equipment to assure compliance with OCIO policy, and providing support of all desktop and laptop computers at our Headquarters' Union Office Building in Olympia, WA, as well as all remote Enforcement offices.
Primary duties will include:
* Administer and configure the automated software delivery system known as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
* Implement alternate SCCM software and update installation methods in locations with unique constraints.
* Using programming such as VBScript, PowerShell and others, configure software and software update installations to meet agency needs that include installation during off work hours, no reboot required, minimum customer interaction and assurance of prerequisite software installation.
* Create and maintain a standard PC configuration (image) for each PC model used throughout the agency to ensure consistency for troubleshooting and usability.
* Troubleshoot using system tools such as Active Directory Users and Computers, antivirus console, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Event Logs, Group Policy Editor, Orion network monitoring, remote desktop, etc.
* Working remotely and physically at the PC:
* Diagnose and resolve known and nonrecurring complex technical incidents and issues associated with applications software, operating systems, computer hardware components and the integration of those on desktop and laptop computers. (This work includes isolating, troubleshooting, researching, and formulating a fix to resolve the issues, including contacting vendors and WaTech to gain information about the systems and resolve the issues in a timely fashion).
* Implement (new) service requests, and working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
* Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, and installation sequences and back-out instructions.
An Associate’s degree or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology or related program in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases.
Three (3) years of information technology experience such as analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, or telecommunications or network infra-structure equipment, or providing customer or technical support in information technology.
In addition to the qualifications above, you must have the following:
* A minimum of 2 years of experience with enterprise SCCM administration.
* Experience installing, upgrading and configuring the system to include:
* Troubleshooting using system logs and tools
* Deployment of patches and software
* Setting permissions for role based security
* Creating test groups as part of deployments
* Setting standards, processes and procedures
* Five (5) years desktop support experience including board level, hard drives, video and network adapters and disparate network configurations.
* Recent experience creating Visual Basic (VB), PowerShell scripts and other scripting tools.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar.
* Three (3) years of experience creating and installing current and one previous Windows operating system desktop and laptop configurations (images).
* Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Administering and Deploying System Center 2016 Configuration Manager.
***HOW TO APPLY***
**_PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED._**
**IMPORTANT**: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
1. Completed online application.
2. Current Resume.
3. Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
4. Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**********A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.**__
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
***Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.***
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: "No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability. For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the _Washington Relay Service_ at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
*Salary:* $63,912.00 - $83,892.00 Annually
*Location:* Thurston County – Olympia, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Liquor and Cannabis Board
*Job Number:* 2021-01434
*Closing:* 3/5/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact