Our client, a vertically integrated multi-state operator, is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join their corporate team in Florida. The Senior Accountant will support finance, accounting and payroll, handle and prioritize multiple projects in an ever-changing environment. This role will perform month-end close activities, analyze and verify financial information, prepare internal financial reports, provide information to the field, reconcile, and review GL accounts. External contacts will include vendors, banks, internal and external auditors.
JOB RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for all payroll related transactions
- Collaborate closely with the payroll team to gain a complete understanding of the general ledger impact of all payroll related transactions
- Ensure all payroll cash activity is captured and reconciled timely.
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations various other financial statement areas (including but not limited to leases, debt, intercompany transactions)
- Research and investigate financial variances for monthly fluctuation analysis
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit preparation for external auditors
- Identify opportunities to automate general ledger impacting activities
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting (Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred)
- Compensation accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP (IFRS knowledge a plus)
- 5+ years of demonstrated general ledger accounting experience
- Experience working with various systems (Sage Intacct & Blackline a plus)
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEAM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100