Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation's leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We're grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates fourteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The HR Business Partner develops and maintains strong relationships with managers and employees across company. We are a fast- growing company, and this role provides HR support and acts as a business partner to all designated PharmaCann business units.
Provides support to internal customers in areas of recruiting, benefits and compensation, employee relations, workplace investigations, labor relations, employee engagement, performance management, talent training, development and succession.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
* Responsible for the day-to-day HR support and serves as the HR subject matter expert to all employees
* Provides support to internal customers in areas of recruiting, benefits, employee relations, workplace investigations, labor relations, employee engagement, compensation, performance management, training and development, and onboarding.
* Works with employees and leaders to drive the overall goals of the company.
* Develops and reviews existing policies and procedures and initiates changes as necessary to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, corporate policies, and business objectives; effectively communicates policies and change initiatives
* Maintain knowledge of labor/union issues and best practices in order to promote positive labor relations. This includes working in union environment, understanding & managing through a CBA.
* Works with the business leaders and with recruiting to effectively source, assess and hire candidates
* Uses sound judgment to provide effective performance management guidance in the areas of coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions
* Creates, coordinates, and conducts live and virtual management training for various topics including performance
management, harassment, and talent management
* Organizes and conducts new employee orientation; creates a positive first experience of the company; participates in organization-wide projects and champions organizational engagement and execution
* Acts as an advisor and provides technical HR expertise and analytical support to the management team regarding the application of employment laws and corporate policies when addressing specific business issues
* Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices, continued business acumen and key trends.
* Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
* Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectivesQualifications
* Seven years of working experience as an HR Business Partner in a progressive environment
* Experience working in a union environment is required
* Ability to plan and execute programs and projects, and manage day-to-day HR responsibilities
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact within all levels of the organization
* Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
* Ability to anticipate and prioritize tasks, and maintain confidentiality while handling multiple tasks
* Ability to analyze problems, exercise judgment and make sound objective decisions
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in human resources operations, policies, processes, and procedures
* Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or Organizational Development. PHR or SPHR is strongly preferred
* Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and working knowledge of human resources
This position will require travel to all designated locations to meet business expectations.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.