Associate Product Manager
About Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
About The Role:
This position will be responsible for organizing and facilitating product assortment tasks, tracking statuses and product progress across multiple projects, and providing support while ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner for our market-leading line of cannabis products.
This role best suits someone who is passionate about the development of products as well as expanding and optimizing existing product lines. An ability to help a broader team meet deadlines and accomplish goals while taking ownership of some of those deadlines will also be a part of this candidate's responsibilities.
This role will be deeply involved in product assortment, assortment requirements, and assisting with product marketing strategies along with many other product centric tasks. Understanding and communicating aromatics and sensory experiences will be a focus each week, as well as contributing to assortment strategy discussions based on those understandings.
The ideal candidate loves to get cross-functional stakeholders together to achieve the best end result through vigorous debate and collaboration. This is a person who is passionate about aromas and flavors and has a detail oriented mind. This person will be a natural at problem solving and loves to innovate to gain a competitive advantage in the industry.
What You'll Do
● Support the development of market and product requirement documents (MRD/PRDs) to articulate product needs and priorities
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of key categories and segments in the cannabis industry
● Conduct market and product analysis to ensure visibility in to market trends and direction
● Assess competitive position by comparing the company's products to competitors' products
● Support the quality assurance process
● Support bringing new products to market by supporting the product development life cycle across all functions
● Manage product assortment with your product/s
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of CCA’s cannabis strains and aromas
● Maintain in-depth understanding of CCA assortment management process
● Partner with Marketing department on product related communications and positioning
● Partner with Manufacturing department to align production requirements with physical design
● Evangelize our products and roadmap to customers, consumers, and internal stakeholders
What You'll Need to Have:
● 2+ years of product management experience within the CPG industry
● Demonstrated experience managing product roadmaps and backlogs
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Proficiency with MS Office / GSuite, with advanced skills in Excel / Sheets
● Project Management Experience a plus
● Perishable Goods Experience a plus
● Sommelier Experience a plus
What You'll Receive
· Competitive base salary
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· Vacation and Holidays
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
External Company URL: https://www.ccagriculture.com/
Street: 1201 W. Chestnut Ave