Our client a cannabis a producer is seeking an Assistant Cultivation Manager for their location near Bay City, MI.
The Assistant Cultivation Manager for our Au Gres, Michigan site will be responsible for helping with oversight of the cultivation facility. This hands on position will be responsible for assisting with daily operations in cultivation including processes and procedures within the propagation, vegetation and flowering phases. The Assistant Cultivation Manager will lead and manage employees ensuring that production needs are met, help ensure the Company is in full compliance with all state and local regulations, and that any procedural problems are addressed and resolved. The Assistant Cultivation Manager will adjust workflow and procedures to increase yields, efficiency and performance.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and adhere to cultivation schedules to ensure plants are healthy and prepared for the flower process.
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, and feed schedules.
- Ensure plants are receiving proper illumination, irrigation, nutrients, pruning, pest and disease control.
- Oversee proper techniques related to cultivation; transplanting, pruning, defoliation, watering, feeding, and harvesting.
- Manage plant germination and propagation through cloning efforts.
- Schedule harvest of plants based on cultivation schedule and plant maturation.
- Ensure that product is compliant with all relevant regulations and meets all standards established by the state of Michigan.
- Ensure proper labeling, tagging, and traceability of plants, including plant counts, both physically and in METRC, and correcting plant inventory discrepancies immediately.
- Develop and updated SOPs for cultivation and post-harvest processes, enforcing strict adherence throughout the facility.
- Assist with calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest.
- Facilitate and oversee inspections using inventory and compliance audits.
- Conduct investigations when necessary, if inventory does not match production and transfer records.
- Monitor stock of cultivation supplies and equipment and work with Procurement to order supplies.
- Prepare reports summarizing harvest yields and conditions.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Oversee tracking compliance in METRC.
- Stay current with latest grow solutions and technology. Establish relationships with Suppliers as needed
- Participate in staffing plan for the site
- Participate in hiring new employees in area of responsibility
- Provide Job responsibility and task management for direct reports
- Provide HR management for direct reports
- Track and oversee accuracy of direct reports work vacation, sick hours
- Train one or more person as backup or point of contact
- Follow up from MRA inspections, correcting any issues identified
EDUCATION & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in plant sciences and/or Agriculture related disciplines
- 2+ years as a cultivator in a large scale cannabis operation
- Ability to manage people and provide day-to-day supervision
- Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking
- Ability to develop and document SOPs
Compensation: $70,000 plus 30% bonus and benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100