About Central Coast Agriculture:
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market under our brand, Raw Garden.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
About The Role:
As a Process Development Research Associate, you will play an Engineer/Scientist-assistant role. You will be the assistant in cannabis biomass handling, extraction, and refinement for the R&D team. Your role will include supporting New Product Development projects along with researching activities to better understand process parameters to improve efficiency of existing operations involving Cannabis plant materials, in-process materials, and finished products. In this role, you will assist in the operation of new or prototype equipment to enable new product development.
What You'll Do:
● Ensure that safety is first priority in everything you do
● Support R&D activities for new process/product development.
● Assist in the development of methods for evaluating process efficiencies of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products. These methods will directly correlate to product attributes valued by our Consumer.
● Data collection, organization, and note taking for the purpose of product development
● Operate equipment in a fully functional pilot lab for trialing new process improvements, new product development and production environments.
● Instill and implement Good Lab Practices, keeping a clean and safe laboratory.
● Learn and understand processes throughout R&D to better assist with troubleshooting, determining root cause, and improving work processes.
● Ensure that safety is first priority in everything you do.
● Prioritize work in a fast-paced environment to limit downtime and keep operations moving.
● Work with the highest attention to detail and data integrity.
● Maintain professionalism and live CCA’s core values at all times
● Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
What You'll Need to Have:
● Bachelor's Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or Chemistry with 1 year’s relevant work experience or 4+ years direct experience in Cannabis biomass handling, extraction, and refinement required.
● Hands-on experience and knowledge of plant biomass handling, extraction, and refinement processes, equipment, controls, and operations.
● Experience in a pilot plant environment with knowledge of requirements to qualify processes for transfer to Manufacturing.
● Experience in a Cannabis product Manufacturing environment
● Strong analytical skills. Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
● Knowledge of good laboratory best practices, including sample prep, handling, data recording, and record keeping.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
● Demonstrate motivation and a good work ethic under minimal supervision.
● Must work effectively in team environments.
● Statistical process control skills and use of statistical analysis software required.
● Highly collaborative and have excellent interpersonal skills.
● Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
● Must possess a high degree of creativity in design and engineering to solve problems with equipment and materials at hand.
● High intensity team player who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
● Constantly questioning the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results.
● Experience with lean or six sigma process improvement frameworks a plus.
● Open (no agendas), honest and trustworthy.
● Results oriented individual with a desire to manage change through to fruition.
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
● Intermediate user of Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite.
● Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations.
● Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire.
● Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format.
What You'll Receive
● Competitive base salary
● Medical, dental and vision benefits
● Vacation and Holidays
CCA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primarily in a light industrial and office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low; however, fluctuation of noise level may occur during peak production. The temperature in the work environment is usually moderate; however, fluctuation of temperature, either decreasing or increasing (heat level) is likely to occur during peak production.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
External Company URL: https://www.ccagriculture.com/
Street: 1201 W. Chestnut Ave