Our client a Michigan a based cannabis company committed to changing the social stigma that prevents people from enjoying the greater quality of life that cannabis can provide is seeking an Environmental & Climate Control (Priva) Manager.
The Environmental & Climate Control (Priva) Manager will work as subject matter expert and is responsible for maintaining a healthy and productive team. Some of the functional areas critical to plant health include from fertigation and plant creation to grow room product quality and overall sanitation.
Cultivation and Environment related job duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall environment, fertigation and sanitation processes and equipment in production Value Streams, oversee preparation and maintenance of all greenhouse automation systems (PRIVA)
- Assuring all cannabis products are free from contamination risk at all stages; from propagation to harvest
- Monitoring for quality control to ensure process and product quality in line with company standards
- Maintaining a 5S system and displaying a high standard of cleanliness and organization
- Direct Technicians and employees in monitoring and managing plants for a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, nutrient deficiencies, etc.
- Motivate the Team and coach employees on proper Standard Work and execution of tasks per the Production Schedule
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assuring work tasks within their assigned Value Stream are executed per the Production Schedule and Standard Work with high degree of Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance
- Facilitate and then Coach Tier Huddles and drive our CC Lean Management System of Visual Controls (i.e., White Boards, Visual Standards, Signage, etc.)
- Lead Lean Kaizen events, Productivity Improvements, and Safety Committees
- Accountable for Safety, Quality and Productivity Improvements year over year
- Act as Subject Matter Expert with respect to Cannabis Plant Growth and employee Development.
- Collaboratively leading or creating and constantly Improving our standard work procedures towards the highest quality plant output
- Ensuring team compliance with both our Standard Work procedures and government rules & regulations
- Preparing and managing the team in tracking all activities and work performed in MERTC: including plant tagging and tracking, waste tracking, nutrient and crop inputs, harvest entry, and harvest batch tracking
- Lead and promote a collaborative, professional and courteous team atmosphere
- Working collectively and respectfully with the other Managers and Team Leads and act as Champion of the company culture
- Working with the supply chain team to forecast raw material and supplies needed to ensure grow room climate/environment and harvest supplies are stocked properly
- Manage logistics of the Team including, scheduling, task management and assignment, productivity tracking and workflow optimization, and inter-department communication
- Helping the cultivation team grow and develop our nominated "Model Citizens" through Lean Policy Promotion and required Lean skills with hands-on career discussions and planning
Compensation: $65-85,000 plus bonus & benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100