Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco cannabis and vapor laws.
*To further ensure public safety and in conjunction with our Governor's proclamation of stay home, stay healthy and current guidelines related to COVID-19, interviews at this time will be conducted by video or phone conference as part of our recruitment process.*
**_Who we are_**
The mission of the _Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board_ (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. At the WSLCB we pride ourselves on creating the "wow" factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
**Your opportunity at a glance**
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant 3 position in the Enforcement and Education Division at the headquarters building in Olympia, WA.
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Enforcement and Education and provides administrative support to the headquarters management staff and the Enforcement and Education Division staff statewide. In this role, you will use independent judgment, establish priorities, and solve problems. Additionally, you will be involved in the Investigative Aide hiring process, and also will maintain the Knowledge Management System (KMS).
The Enforcement and Education Division is comprised of over 160 employees statewide, the division is comprised of seven major units, which are: Headquarters/Chief's Office, Liquor, Marijuana, Tobacco Tax, Vapor Products, and FDA Tobacco.
**WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:**
* Training and career development programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible work schedules
* Telecommuting opportunities
* Generous wellness program
* Onsite exercise facility
* Active and engaging diversity program
* Infant at Work program
* Organization's commitment to your personal health and well-being.
* Work/life balance
* Free parking
* A comprehensive _benefits package_
Our ideal candidate has experience providing high-level support to two deputy chief's and a unit, while anticipating needs and managing daily commitments and communication. They excel at the service that they deliver and are a meticulous organizer and coordinator who can manage and track multiple people, tasks, projects, and action items all with different timelines, deadlines, and levels of sensitivity. Finally, they are technically savvy using Microsoft Office programs and software, and confident learning and working with new systems and technology.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
* Manage the Deputy Chief's calendar, schedule and coordinate meetings, including preparing agenda and meeting materials/presentations and recording meeting minutes.
* Stay current on the Deputy Chief's priorities, assignments, deliverable and due dates.
* Arrange for travel accommodations, registrations for conferences, and prepare travel reimbursements.
* Prepare and review correspondence for the Deputy Chief's office for internal and external needs.
* May represent the Deputy Chief as needed at meetings, conferences and other business functions.
* Participate in the hiring process of Investigative Aides to include background checks, drug and alcohol testing, hiring forms, and updating IA's contact information and age verification tracking.
* Ensure payroll for all HQ and FDA staff is received, checked, processed and submitted to Payroll.
* Determine office needs for supplies and order as necessary for the office staff.
* Notarizes oath of office documents.
* Serve as back up to the AA5 position and has delegated authority to act for or in regular place of the position.
* High school graduation or GED.
* Three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work. (Formal education can substitute year-for-year for experience).
* Knowledgeable and proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite programs including Outlook.
In addition to the above qualifications, you must:
* Possess and maintain a Washington State valid driver's license.
* Obtain and maintain a Notary of Public, within six month of hire.
* A Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or closely allied field.
**_HOW TO APPLY_**
**_PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED._**
**IMPORTANT**: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
1. Completed online application.
2. Current Resume.
3. Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
4. Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**_**_A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.__**
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
***Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.***
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: "No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.
RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability. For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com_ or call (360) 664.1636. For TTY service, please call the _Washington Relay Service_ at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
*Salary:* $3,144.00 - $4,083.00 Monthly
*Location:* Thurston County – Olympia, WA
*Job Type:* Full Time - Permanent
*Department:* Liquor and Cannabis Board
*Job Number:* 2021-02175
*Closing:* 3/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
*Agency:* State of Washington
*Address:* View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
*Phone:* View Posting for Agency Contact