Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
The Process Development Manager will lead the Process Development group and work with Research Scientist(s) and the Plant Manager to further develop and scale-up lab processes for commercial production, designs processing flow for large-scale manufacturing, plans and tests production methods, optimizes, finalizes, and validates manufacturing processes, and directs processing operations. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading process development, design, and improvements.
- Working cross functionally with R&D, manufacturing, and operational groups to conduct research to develop new and improved manufacturing processes.
- Establishing safety and operational procedures for new and improved processes.
- Designing and planning production equipment layout within the manufacturing facility.
- Sourcing, purchasing and installing required equipment for manufacturing in GMP and C1D2 environments.
- Conducting tests/controlled experiments and monitoring the performance of processes and equipment throughout production with the goal of optimization.
- Working as production supervisor and group lead.
- Troubleshooting problems with manufacturing processes related to yield, quality, and throughput.
- Evaluating equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Estimating production costs for management.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 5 years or more experience working in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, or Food Processing facility.
- Experience in designing processes and equipment layout within a processing facility is preferred.
- Able to participate in highly effective teams.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, critical review, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and literature reports.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration, and independent thought in suggesting experimental designs and protocols.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Thank you for Applying!
Details Apply Now