Location: Vancouver British Columbia Canada
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Specialist for managing our medical cannabis client's social media presence. The client's head office is in Vancouver, with a satellite office in Surrey. While the candidate can be based in either location and work from their base location on a regular basis, they must be flexible to work out of the other office location at certain times as dictated by business needs.
As a successful Social Media Specialist, you will have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for starting and joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand. Activities include growing relevant followers, engaging with users, promoting products, finding industry influencers, publishing timely news, monitoring and responding to brand mentions, staying informed on industry topics, and communicating our corporate message. The goal is to gradually achieve higher engagement, brand awareness, and website traffic by strategically utilizing all relevant social media channels and online tools.
- Manage all social media channels on a daily basis including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Clubhouse
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, benchmarking, channel selection, messaging and audience identification.
- Create content calendars to stay organized and plan communications in advance.
- Generate, edit, share, and publish daily content (text, images, videos, infographics, etc) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to engage.
- Ensure consistent branding of various posts, messages and publications.
- Optimize company pages within each platform to increase visibility, engagement and followers.
- Monitor, report, and respond to all brand mentions (both tagged and otherwise).
- Moderate communication and conversations to ensure positive outcomes.
- Risk management ensuring all public activity is compliant with regulations and negative press is avoided.
- Analyze social channels and website analytics to measure the performance of social activities.
- Create detailed reports to indicate growth of social media channels over time and ROI.
- Utilize social media best practices across all social media platforms.
- Continuous research of cannabis industry, competition, media, regulations, and products.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure timely posts of public announcements such as press releases, sales, new products, etc.
- Completion of a 3 year post-secondary diploma in Marketing, publishing, communications, or another related field.
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in social media, with string in-depth knowledge
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing, and imagery selection.
- Analytical skills to measure social performance and ROI.
- Well organized with advanced knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented, and good multi-tasking skills.
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Prior knowledge/experience about the cannabis industry is an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an updated resume in MS Word Format.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those applicants whose skill set match our requirements will be contacted.
All applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada for an unlimited period of time.
Details Apply Now