Our client, a vertically integrated, multi state operator is seeking a PMO Director to join their team in Boca Raton. *Project Management Certification (PMP) Required*
The PMO Director is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading strategic, cross-functional projects from ideation through to completion. This position requires interaction with a range of internal stakeholders such as IT, Accounting/Finance, Legal, Business Development, and HR, as well as to external stakeholders. They most often will manage several moving project parts simultaneously and sometimes work on confidential projects. The PMO Director will have a consistent impact across the organization - advancing the mission and brand growth through the execution of the company's priorities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consulting with senior executives to determine the priority projects that warrant management by the Project Management Office
- Collaborating and consulting with other department leaders to understand their upcoming projects and define their scope
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Designing and signing off on contracts
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Managing large and diverse teams
- Serves as a liaison with executives and departments heads, to ensure that organizational goals are met
- Drafts schedules for implementation of long-range plans and proposals.
- Monitors project progress, drafting and distributing periodic progress reports for leadership and stakeholders
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with a multi-site presence
- Project management certification (PMP) required
- ERP Implementation Experience
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills know how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g., operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Up to 25% of travel may be required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
COMPENSATION: $120,000 - $135,000
The benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100