Our client a Michigan a based cannabis is seeking a Cost Accountant
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for working seamlessly with people across the organization to ensure accurate financial control and reporting across the enterprises supply chain and all of our cultivation and retail stores. As we are a fast-growing start-up company, some design and setup of our processes is required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Fixed Asset Accounting:
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Establishing, communicating and constantly refining policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Review JEs carefully for anomalies and other inconsistencies
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accounting reports for submission to management
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management
- Assist the Finance Manager with suggesting changes to policies or procedures to increase cash flow
- Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers
- Classify costs accurately
- Generate PPV reports and analyze findings
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate
- Maintain and review the general ledger and reconcile balance sheets
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors
Education & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in an accounting role
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Manufacturing, agricultural, distribution, or consumer packaged goods experience is preferred
- Experience with inter-company activity, consolidations, inventory management, and taxes is preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience working with a variety of legal and regulatory entities
- Experience working with financial software to manage company finances.
- Ability to explain complex or technical financial subjects to a non-technical audience
- A passion for numbers and working with them
- A great eye for accuracy and attention to detail
Compensation: $75,000 plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100