Our client a leader in cannabis wholesale, dispensary and smoke shop supplier based in Detroit, MI is seeking a Senior Accountant.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be joining during an exciting time of growth and change. You will have the opportunity to help build out the finance and accounting functions through your expertise with month-end close, variance analysis, financial reporting and departmental budgets. The company is migrating to a new ERP system and this role will play a pivotal role pertaining to our financial close process migration. This position will be directly responsible for ensuring adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) to support external annual audits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of revenue and related expense accruals and prepare account reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Reconcile and close general ledger on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Review current accounting pronouncements for potential adoption in our financial statements
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors and prepare year-end workpapers
- Assist with implementation of new ERP system.
- Monitor and review inventory adjustments
- Implement and prepare annual departmental budgets
- Review monthly departmental budget vs actual variances and follow up with department heads on variances
- Prepare journal entries that include but are not limited to fixed assets, depreciation expense, payroll and benefits accrual, prepaid expenses, owner draws and debt
- Maintain fixed asset listing and monthly roll forward
- Assist in implementation of sales and excise tax software
- Monitor integration of sales and excise tax software with ERP
- Assist in development of annual and quarterly sales forecasts for the business, in conjunction with Sales.
- 5+ years’ of professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting preferred (Master’s is a plus)
- CPA required
- Demonstrate ability to research and strictly apply US GAAP
- PLUS: Experience implementing an ERP system, experience with prepaid inventory
- Positive attitude; Proactive, reliable and responsible
- Attention to detail and accuracy; ability to analyze large data-sets
- Ability to provide quality of work during a fast-paced month-end close
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000 plus benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and 401k
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose. CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100