Title: Research & Development Manager
One of our clients - a vertically integrated company producing massive quantities of bulk distillate within their extraction lab - is currently seeking a new Research & Development Manager! Maintaining one of the largest grow operations in Arizona, through their perpetual harvests this company is in an optimal position to provide high-quality, sun grown flowers to support the demands of their expanded customer base. Currently, they are seeking somebody who has a strong chemistry background to come in as their new R&D Manager and lead the efforts around development of live resin and live rosin cartridges. The R&D Manager will fully oversee: isolate production, formulation of tablets and tinctures, formulations of gummies, chromatography to make isolates. Ideally this person will have worked in the hemp space previously; definitely needs to have worked within large scale production facilities before, as this company is regularly producing biomass upwards of 50+ kilos weekly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing all processes and performing all experiments that are associated with any chemistry specific R&D projects that are needed within the Extraction Lab.
- Coordinating with the Extraction Lab’s leadership team to design & perform chemistry specific experiments for the Extraction Lab that are generally aimed at introducing new sellable product lines or improving existing chemical processes.
- Coordinating with the Extraction Lab’s leadership team to assist in all aspects of any assigned experiment that includes but is not limited to:
- Drawing board experiment designs.
- Ordering chemicals and/or equipment.
- Preparing reagents and solutions.
- Performing vial and bench scale experiments.
- Preparing samples for analytical.
- Developing and writing technical reports of testing results.
- Developing SOPs and training team members on any process that becomes a regular production process.
- Coordinating with the Extraction Lab’s leadership team to assist in product formulation as needed.
- Focusing on safety and documenting work appropriately for a GMP setting.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Requires isolate production experience in either hemp or cannabis.
- Requires large scale production experience (50+ kilos weekly).
- At least 1-2 years experience working in hazard-rated spaces (C1D1 & C1D2 preferred).
- At least 1-2 years working with acid/base chemistry and/or LLE operations using jacketed glass reaction vessels is preferred.
- At least 1-2 years experience overseeing the production of cannabis tinctures and infused oils is preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to work with the premiere vertically integrated cannabis company in Arizona!
- Competitive Base Salary + Relocation Package
We sincerely look forward to connecting with you soon!