Our client a Vertical Integrated Cannabis Company is in need of a Vice President or Director of Operations for their Desert Hot Springs Facility
The Operations Director manages the core of the cultivation department. This is a heavily people-oriented management role that ensures that their cultivation SOPs are carried out in smooth and disciplined manner. The Operations Director will work very closely with the CEO, Grow Managers, Training/Development and QC teams to ensure the economics of the department are on target and within budget projections. In order to achieve this, the Operations Director must learn and integrate all components of our existing SOPs, ensure organizational readiness, and manage the day-to-day operations such that we consistently achieve yield and quality targets.
- Operational Data and Decision-Making
- In conjunction with the finance team, ensure the timely buildout of the ops and grow
- management dashboards and metrics
- In conjunction with the finance, ops and supply chain teams – draft and maintain master data management SOPs to ensure that ops/grow management dashboards are updated at all times
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, and subordinates. Aggregate and provide actionable data and commentary to the CEO to drive decision making for the Cultivation department
- Work directly with supply chain and data analytics for economic reasoning and economic proficiency. This includes understanding and updating specifics/metrics across all grow departments
- Drive adherence to KPIs and metrics across accountable departments
Costing / Budgeting
- Identify and manage cost improvements and lead the development and execution of cost improvement and productivity ideas within the cultivation department (includes business case analysis, project scoping, timelines and execution)
- Work with finance and supply chain to develop and track the annual budget (revenues, costs, expenses, EBITDA, etc.)
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions, team communications, rigorous root cause analysis, and transparent decision making
- In conjunction with the HR and Regulatory/Compliance department, help draft and update standard operating procedures relating to regulatory, training, quality, and compliance for all of cultivation operations
Workflow, Process & Culture
- Maintain compliant operation of all work instructions, SOP's, Change Requests, etc. for all cultivation operations
- Root cause and corrective analysis for any workflow, building, infrastructure, process or people issues
- Develop and build teams by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst team members. Adjust personnel numbers within various teams in relation to company growth and improved work efficiencies
- Judge and assess the qualities of process and people (maturity and gap analyses)
- Guide, direct, and motivate staff. Provide guidance and direction to all employees
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards by using relevant information and personal judgement to determine whether tasks or processes comply with California state laws and regulations.
- Train and perform within the Acadia computer software system
- Conduct annual evaluations of direct reports
Ops & Systems Management
- In support of the CEO, manage the PMO function to ensure that all projects/initiatives are being scoped properly and completed on time; this includes running a weekly PMO meeting to review progress against major tasks and initiatives
- Manage the production management department, managing to PIs and KPIs
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in personnel and operations management.
- Proficiency with inventory control software, production management software, and spreadsheet usage.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical cannabis laws
- Demonstrated team leadership and development skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proven continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent influential, collaborative, and relationship building skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication / organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a position requiring critical-thinking and problem-solving
- General knowledge of weights and measurements
- Military and manufacturing backgrounds preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Ca Driver’s License and be able to pass a DOJ live scan
- Develop objectives and strategies by establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Think creatively. Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Manage the data entry of the cultivation department
- Comply with Company policies including confidentiality and disclosure
- Interview, select, hire, and promote employees
- Other duties as assigned
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100