Our client, a fully vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis operator is seeking an experienced Account Executive to represent their Northern Illinois and Chicago territory. The ideal candidate will embody the “white glove” customer mentality and be responsible for ensuring the sales performance of their flagship brands and activities, including cultivating new relationship and nurturing existing ones. The Account Executive will partner cross functionally with all areas of the business including Marketing to maintain a strong brand presence within the Cannabis Industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee entire wholesale process.
- Exceed assigned revenue quota on a weekly basis.
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed monthly revenue targets.
- Close new business and increase revenue from existing clients.
- Planning and organizing daily work schedule to visit or call on customers and potential business development opportunities.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies, and merchandising techniques.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner by investigating problem, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as needed.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- Travel within your designated territory (must have a car, insurance, and willing to travel often). There will be overnight travel involved (estimated 1-3 times a month).
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business or relevant field preferred.
- 2 year(s) of B2B sales experience in cellphones, cosmetics, liquor, software, and/or high-end merchandise preferred.
- LeafTrade, BioTrack, and/or METRC experience preferred.
- Cannabis Industry Experience a plus.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office—especially in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel—required.
- Must be passionate about sales and have the drive to exceed revenue targets.
- Must maintain a rigorous work pace with the ability to work on multiple projects in a demanding environment.
- Must use a consultative, solution-based sales methodology and have documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas.
- Must be a skilled negotiator and closer.
- Must display a passion for and a responsibility to the customer.
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and possesses relentlessly high standards.
- Must have a polished presentation and a solid skillset in verbal and written communication.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, 21 years of age or older, must be willing to undergo a background check and must be able to register with the state's cannabis commissions as an agent.
Compensation: $65,000 Base Salary plus Bonus and Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100