Our client, a vertically integrated operator is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team in Michigan. As a Purchasing Manager, you are responsible for the planning and placing of orders, and/or rescheduling delivery of orders for assigned parts, materials, and supplies pertaining to the manufacturing process, or items required for general business activities – ensuring quality standards are met and products are purchased at the best value.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Director, the Purchasing Manager will be responsible for purchasing strategy, vendor sourcing, management and negotiations; order fulfillment; and budget control. Items purchased will include but not be limited to raw material/consumables, packaging materials, retail supplies, facility & office supplies, facility & office services, capital expenditures and third party finished products for our dispensaries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sourcing and Vendor Relations, of materials, supplies, services and equipment, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing of raw consumables, supplies and materials with an eye to the greatest quality, lowest possible cost, so our teams always have on hand what they need to keep working efficiently and effectively
- Maintaining an up-to-date vendor database, constantly tracking/reassessing existing and assessing new suppliers/vendors to optimize our roster on an ongoing basis
- Sourcing capital expenditures that meet the specs of the internal brief to the highest quality and lowest possible cost
- Developing RFI/RFP formats and effectively managing the RFI/RFP, NDA, credit check, quote and bid processes
- Summarizing RFI/RFP submissions, conducting a cost-benefit analyzes and working collaboratively with the Supply Chain team on vendor choices
- Negotiating contracts towards the lowest possible, fair cost & terms
- Managing the relationship and timely payment to all vendors to facilitate timely order fulfillment and delivery of accurate, damage-free shipments
Purchasing/Ordering & Receiving for all our business verticals, including but not limited to:
- Strategic procurement planning and analytics, with an eye towards continuous optimization
- Placing and processing of purchase orders with our vendors
- Careful tracking and updating of order statuses
- Accurate data entry, record keeping and reconciliation
- Ensures on-time receipt of products, inventory accuracy and 3-way match.
- Working manager role.
Planning & Internal teamwork, including but not limited to:
- Identifying or creating procurement tools, templates, and best practice processes, minimizing waste in the internal workflow
- Working with the Supply Chain Team to fulfill purchase orders; communicating and collectively problem-solving together when delays or other order issues arise
- Working with the Finance Team to create and manage the procurement budget
- Working with the Finance Team to ensure timely and accurate vendor invoice processing to respect our vendors, maintain strong vendor relationships and reflect our corporate commitment to acting with humanity
- Working collaboratively with our compliance team
- Utilizing/ rolling out our ERP
- Works internally to assist in addressing all aspects of material management including procurement support, project support, pricing, and material availability
- Responsible for driving material cost/lead time in support of program vision with aligned supplier sourcing supporting manufacturing needs
- Collaborate with operations and supply chain teams driving action supporting program vision and milestone deliverables
- Identify risk, mitigate and escalate to get support as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- 7+ years in CPG, Pharma or Cannabis industry in a supply chain or procurement capacity
- Proficiency in creating, reading and interpreting financial databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ERPs
COMPENSATION: $70,000 - $80,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200