Our client, a vertically integrated Cannabis company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their rapidly growing company in the Bay area. With an executive management team composed of industry and business professionals with combined experience across all disciplines within the cannabis industry.
The top candidate will partner with senior leadership to develop and produce accurate financial documentation for forecasts, performance, and market research. The right candidate will have demonstrated success with Financial Modeling which has resulted in boosts to internal business performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives within Retail, Manufacturing and Operations.
- Weekly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Expand forecasting capabilities to include long range multi-year scenarios.
- Act as SME for FP&A and actively participate in new technology implementation.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis including development of SKU level P&Ls and gross margin analysis.
- Develop (with business partner executives) and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance(s).
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, menu pricing, new store rollouts as well as new projects.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, engineering or other technical degree; Masters Degree highly preferred
- 5+ years experience within Financial Planning and Analysis with Emphasis on Financial Modeling
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data query/data management tools (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience in multi-unit retail or manufacturing concepts preferred Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience developing budget and forecasting models for multi-entity organizations with multiple product lines.
Compensation: $110,000 - $120,000 Plus Health Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100