CannabizTEMP is immediately seeking a Paralegal for a vertically integrated Cannabis Company headquartered in San Francisco.
The Paralegal should be organized and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include filling out forms, data entry, and client communication over the phone. The ideal candidate must have strong attention to detail, and be able to work independently.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes.
- Prepares legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, initial & amended articles of incorporation, stock certificates and other securities, buy-sell agreements, closing papers and binders, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use.
- Investigates facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly (preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams ).
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, taking dictations, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and routing incoming mail.
- Prepares affidavits of documents and maintains document file.
- Prepares office accounts and tax returns.
- Drafting legal documents such as pleadings, motions, affidavits and subpoenas; transactional documents, such as contracts and real estate leases; and closing documents.
- Acts as arbitrator and liaison between disputing parties.
- Acts as law librarian, keeping and monitoring legal volumes and ensuring legal volumes are up-to-date.
- Searches patent files to ascertain the originality of patent application.
- Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system.
- Creating and maintaining a case-management database.
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Conducting routine discovery.
- Obtaining due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information, and securities filings.
- Demonstrate passion to serve the cannabis community.
- Outstanding lawyer/client relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of legal concepts and procedures.
- Advanced computer operating skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
- Paralegal Certificate.
Compensation: $80k - $110K
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP100