Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis operator near Long Beach, CA, is seeking an experienced, dedicated and passionate Extraction Lab Manager to join their team.
The Extraction Lab Manager will oversee all production, quality assurance, packaging, operations, safety awareness, and training personnel at their cannabis extraction facility. Previous experience creating concentrate products including Diamonds, Sauce and Live Resin is required.
This job includes significant administrative and regulatory compliance duties to ensure our client complies with GMP standards. Most importantly, the Extraction Lab Manager will be a team-player and a respectful collaborator, always using their position to grow the company through the empowerment and development of others.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, operate and manage the extraction process in a Type 7 facility producing top quality concentrate products including Diamonds, Sauce and Live Resin.
- Interview, hire and train required extraction laboratory personnel in order to keep up with production requirements.
- Consistently achieve top quality end products with consistency and repeatability.
- Create new and improved product formulations, staying on top of industry trends and consumer product preferences.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Ability to resolve any conflict respectfully and in a timely manner, addressing and resolving problems in order to create a culture of engagement and high-performance
- Ensuring equipment reliability throughout production process, scheduling maintenance as necessary.
- Must be accessible 7 days a week either on-site or by phone to address any laboratory issues.
- Supports the organization by ensuring operations efficiency by implementing and constantly improving cost reduction strategies.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Previous high-end extracted concentrate product development experience within a Type 7 facility is required.
- Previous experience and expertise with METRC is highly desirable.
- Highly skilled and experienced in botanical extractions including distillation, isolates, and crystallization.
- Experienced in creating crude oil and other related extraction products using ETS equipment is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Exposure to a fast paced and deadline related environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated professional assertiveness.
- Experience complying with GMP standards
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issues with the processes and instrumentation.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
Compensation: $75-95,000 plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.TEAM100