CannabizTEMP is seeking an experienced accountant. Working within the finance department, you will be responsible for general ledger entries, maintaining fixed assets, daily account reconciliations, record keeping and preparation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and excited to work as part of a collaborative team within a high growth, start-up environment. This is a remote opportunity.
- Support month-end close process
- Financial statement preparation
- Attaches support to all accounting entries
- Assists in the development and documentation of policies & procedures
- Maintains policy documentation
- Booking General Ledger transactions
- Journal entry preparation
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Ledger
- Reconciling inter-company transactions
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with external and internal audit process
- Heavy involvement with process improvement projects
- Report preparation and circulation
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal inquiries.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department.
- 4 to 5 years general accounting experience
- Microsoft office suite
- Quickbooks, Sage or other equivalent system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Degree preferred
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP100