Our client, a multi-state cannabis operator, is seeking a Subject Matter Expert in Environmental Controls and Integrated Pest Management to join their corporate Cultivation team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of the Integrated Pest Management Systems with a strong background in Environmental Controls and parameters, with emphasis on HVAC. This role will collaborate directly with the Director of Cultivation as well as the Facility Directors and their teams in each market to ensure that a procedures and practices are meeting high quality standards and protocols.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with each facility to ensure proper and safe functioning of all environmental equipment and work on new construction developments with Director of Cultivation to implement best practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all Growing, Scouting, Spraying and Fumigation processes and procedures are executed in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Monitor water and fertility needs for all stages of crop from unrooted cuttings to mature plants.
- Monitor soil and fertility conditions and adjust based on established criteria and computer control systems.
- Responsible for the management (creation and modification) of all Ways of Working. Ensuring that all procedures and processes are accurate and up to date and that they meet and or exceed all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and diagnosis crop for insect and disease issues. Respond in compliance with IPM practices.
- Manage all personnel, all processes and all programs associated with Growing, Scouting, Spraying and Fumigation.
- Ensure that chemical inventory is accurate and materials are stored and maintained in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain all necessary documentation to meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
Ensure growing and IPM equipment is maintained in a manner that supports safe, efficient and effective applications.
- Maintain procedures manuals and documentation for all processes. Responsible for auditing and updating processes.
- Be responsible for the establishment and management of the budget.
- Maintain proper growing and IPM schedules
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Horticulture or related field highly preferred or the equivalent experience.
- 5-8+ years experience with crop growing and IPM systems and the implementation of those systems
- Hands-on experience with any and all equipment needed for the successful buildout and operation of a cultivation / processing facility, including lighting, irrigation and HVAC, etc.
- In-depth and practical understanding of environmental controls systems and equipment (e.g. Priva, Argus, Growlink, Infinium).
- Working knowledge of Growing edible / medicinal crops and Integrated Pest Management best practices.
- Ensuring that all procedures and process meet or exceed all internal and external regulations.
- Familiarity with Pesticides and Fumigants.
- Knowledge of common Horticultural pests and their management.
- Expert knowledge of cultivation and process equipment and controls
Compensation: $150,000-$170,000 plus bonus and equity
MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL 50% OF THE TIME
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100