Our client a vertically integrated cannabis company is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join their Supply Chain department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for inventory purchases using best practices in vendor relations, margin enforcement, sourcing and pricing research. This is a support role and will coordinate the purchasing of all products for multiple retail locations. Our client is looking for someone who is skilled at multitasking, time management, vendor communication and must have an excellent customer service presence.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage the procurement and purchasing of retail inventory for all retail locations.
- Works with inventory control team to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained based on target stock on hand and current ordering needs.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing & inventory management teams to ensure adequate inventory levels utilizing KPI’s & S&OP collaboration- i.e., out of stock reports, item counts, forecasts, etc.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure effective product allocation and delivery outcomes to improve inventory turns while driving cost down.
- Resolves any receiving/ inventory/ accounting issues with respective departments, including price discrepancies, negative inventory, credits, and overages.
- Serve as intermediary between vendors and finance in all aspects including the collection of promo-related credits.
- Assists the marketing team with promotional product and event information for store events, social media, advertising opportunities, and product releases.
- Participate in all negotiations related to terms, promotions, purchases, shelf space, and other business deals in the organization's financial best interest and in a competitive, sustainable, and data-driven manner with a specific goal of gross margin enhancement.
- Facilitates quarterly brand vetting process and Brand catalog creation.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business or other relevant field preferred
- Prior retail purchasing and merchandising experience (4+ years)
- Experience working in the cannabis industry is preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of POS and any other organizational inventory management system
- Excellent quantitative and computer skills. Proficient in programs integral to the position (Excel, Treez, Metabase, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent negotiation skills and analytical and pricing knowledge with the ability to conduct a comparative analysis and make sound decisions.
- Possess a vast product knowledge of consumable products specific to the cannabis industry along with a willingness to learn.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet the needs of the business
COMPENSATION: $23.00-$26.00/ hour based on experience plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100