Our client, a fast growing Cannabis Manufacturer and Distributor, is seeking an experienced Director of Operations for their facility in Monterey, CA who will be reporting directly to the CEO.
The Director of Operations will lead and manage a team of employees across manufacturing processes, R&D, logistics, inventory management and supply chain functions. The ideal candidate would be an experienced operational leader with a strong background in Cannabis Manufacturing and Distribution verticals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountability over all site related activities - Extraction processes, Compliance, warehousing, supply-chain management, production and quality.
- Management of employees in day to day functions
- Manage monthly METRC reconciliation
- Evaluation and implementation of SOP's and policies
- Hands-on approach towards scaling and managing production operations for cannabis product lines
- Providing bi-weekly reports to the appropriate executives
- Lead execution and project management of strategic initiatives, such as supply continuity planning for cannabis sourcing, cost of goods reduction plans, strategic vendor relationships etc.
- Implementation of operations management processes
- Demonstrate expertise in organizational development, lead and influence a diverse team during change and growth, while maintaining cooperation, motivation and cohesiveness in a lean environment
- Implement strong leadership, communication, training, and management skills with the ability to develop cross-functional teams and partnerships
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in science, management, manufacturing, or similar discipline
- Ability to provide strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in Six Sigma, or LEAN manufacturing is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of operational experience within a Cannabis manufacturing environment
- Experience with METRC and ERP systems
- Proven project and budget management experience with driven financial results
- Experience with facilities oversight including physical infrastructure, maintenance, employee safety and security
- Strong oral and written communication
- Proven ability to problem solve with impeccable attention to detail
Compensation: $90k-$120k plus benefits and stock options
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. ind-123