Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is seeking a National Director or Processing to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will live in anyone of the east coast markets, but must be willing to travel 50%-75% of the time to each location ensuring processes and standards are met.
The National Director of Processing will oversee all cannabis post harvest processing activities for the company from Drying and Trimming through packaging. They will also be responsible for leading and developing the teams responsible for the processing and packaging duties, as well as secondary packaging for both cannabis flower and infused products in order to increase efficiency and maximize throughput while maintaining quality standards. The role will ensure that all facilities and department’s employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Direct operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Documentation and continued development of internal processes
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Manage and coordinate Post Harvest, Cure, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, supply requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance.
- Inventory oversight, management, and organization.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement.
- Create, improve, implement, and ensure quality standards and procedures for processing and packaging operations
- Implement procedures and systems to increase efficiency, decrease costs, and effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Manage and utilize Processing and Packaging labor force to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Provide coaching and direction concerning operational and personnel issues in the processing department
- Ensure product quality from each specific facility; making sure it is maintained while processed, cured, and packaged
- Monitor employee progress; coach, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through personal and professional growth
- Create, implement, and continually review systems for operational efficiency, noting problems and/or redundancies and recommending solutions to better streamline operational efficiency and quality
- Create and manage approved budgets in relation to processing and automation at the facility
- Assure compliance requirements are met or exceeded through operational and physical support at their facility.
- Support regulatory compliance activities including authoring and review of study reports, and SOPs
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRE SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- Requires 50-75% of travel
- Strong knowledge and experience of post-harvest processing of agricultural/plant material on a commercial scale
- Business acumen with broad understanding of the business model, science, facilities, engineering, process development, supply chain, quality, compliance, regulatory, and information technology expectations for cell therapy.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
COMPENSATION: $140,000 depending on experience
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100