Our client a cannabis retailer with multiple locations in the Stockton area is seeking a General Manager to run a new location.
The Retail General Manager is responsible for leading and developing a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The Retail General Manager is accountable for all aspects of managing a single store as well as all other projects and duties assigned including but not limited to managing sales performance and identifying sales opportunities; developing overall store strategies and tactics to achieve sales goals; delivering exceptional customer service; fostering a positive culture and work environment; achieving maximum sales and profitability by focusing on key business initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Responsible and accountable for store P&L and controllable expenses
- Forecast and adjust payroll and store scheduling to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify under-performing metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Lead, motivate, inspire, and coach employees to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and standards
- Oversight and management of store merchandising, daily operations, collaboration with marketing, and overall execution of store and company standards
- Management of opening and closing procedures
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, cash handling and loss prevention
- Ensures the implementation and effective application of information, tools, and systems required to meet customer needs
- Responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper upkeep of phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies
- Ensures store and team compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the following: Inventory management and reporting, employee reporting, and packaging
Education & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or related fields is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in roles of exceptional leadership, management, communication, and training skills in a customer-centric sales environment
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build and manage teams
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Must be able to obtain State approved credentials and pass criminal background check
- Working knowledge of Medical and/or Retail Cannabis preferred
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below - all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100